• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yas Marina ...

atom3624

Harsh?...are we talking about the same person here?

You can have anything you like, as long as you pay too much for it, but we can't pay too much for something
You know, I've got one of these wonderful ideas that women should all be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances

This is the guy that avoided jail by paying sixty million quid earlier this year...and that somehow paid ten million instead of one point two billion in tax... :whistling:

The harsh truth about JB is that his time has been and gone, too old for a average+ driver. Harsh but true.

I disagree with that.

Button has never been a "Senna" or "Alonso"...Button is more of a "Prost".

Even "old" guys can show the way. (Button is 34)

No matter how good or bad he is, he has been in F1 for a long time and is a popular driver...to let him go out like this (quite frankly) stinks....

and just for the sake of it another (edited) Bernie quote...

Most of these kids haven't got any money
Edited by Anthoop

Rumour has it Alonso has signed the biggest contract in F1 history and that McLaren can only make a decision once they know what kind of dollar he's bringing with him (in the form of Santander one assumes). The rumour continues to suggest that Macca are in favour of JB but are unsure wether or not they can afford him if the sponsorship money doesn't come to fruition.

Regardless of his age, JB has comfortably trumped KM this year and in my opinion is still the man for the job. I agree with Anthoop - sign JB up for a season to iron out the Macca/Honda foibles then sign KM or Vandoorne in 2016.

Why did it take so long?

OK, these guys earn big bucks, so as Jenson's said a few times 'don't feel sorry for me', but there is a right to some respect ... anyway, decision made.

K Mag's reserve / test driver. He is a serious talent - soon be up to Bottas' speed I reckon, but, as K Mag's kept on, does that mean no long term contract for JB?

Never mind, we've got another Brit for one more year .... roll on the next season.

Al.

I read its 2 years straight.

In the small print...the team have the option to keep Button for a second year just like Alonso can leave before the contract ends if the team do not perform.

The amount of this and that in contracts is daft...gone are the days when things were black/white, everything can have grey areas that they try to cover.

I mega happy with the McLaren lineup. Fernando brings some much needed fire into the team - I rate both Jenson and Kevin highly but they both just seem too......nice. They just don't seem to have the aggression to really fight for positions and hold their ground on the track. Of course, the crap car played a part in this. KM definitely has a bright future but I think JB is the man to help tie Honda and McLaren together whilst ironing out the major flaws - experience plays a major part in this process.

Next decision I'm looking forward to...macca's colour scheme! Personally I dont hink the retro red & white will suit the modern F1 cars. Personally, I like the Orange from many moons ago:

A20F117D-5247-4662-87C0-80818E7D2BD2_zps

Yes, I wonder how next years Mcl will look...red/white would shout Honda/Mcl...but also Malboro (and they make fags)...maybe Repsol will take a part...who knows?

• 1 month later...