• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Firestorm Opinions

There are a lot of people on here who recommend them.   Whenver people ask 'what should I get?' for the price range the FS always comes at the top of the list.

I have never owned one.  However imo the only real consideration as to whether this suits you is 'Do you want 2wd?'  if no you will effectively need a higher budget to get something as durable.  Though there are similar priced 4wd options they don't really compare to the 'bashability' of the firestorm for the price.

Hope hat helps. and I guarantee you will get positive responses on the FS very shortly ;)

There are a lot of people on here who recommend them.   Whenver people ask 'what should I get?' for the price range the FS always comes at the top of the list.

I have never owned one.  However imo the only real consideration as to whether this suits you is 'Do you want 2wd?'  if no you will effectively need a higher budget to get something as durable.  Though there are similar priced 4wd options they don't really compare to the 'bashability' of the firestorm for the price.

Hope hat helps. and I guarantee you will get positive responses on the FS very shortly ;)

Disagree 100%. I've got a Firestorm Flux and a Carnage brushless and both are very durable and bashable. The only thing that I've change regularly on both is the spur gear and that is more down to set up than anything else :thumbsup:

Disagree 100%. I've got a Firestorm Flux and a Carnage brushless and both are very durable and bashable. The only thing that I've change regularly on both is the spur gear and that is more down to set up than anything else :thumbsup:

What are you disagreeing too?!

I said the FS comes highly reccomended.  You dissagree?  Is the carnage 4wd? if so then ok,. but bit harsh mate.

Hi I'm looking at buying a Buggy/Truggy and at the moment am quite fancying the HPI Firestorm 10t. Is this a good purchase or should i be looking at something else?

Kind Regards

Phil

do you mean nitro or electric version? If electric then yes as others have said its a good basher there have been many many posts about it recently a quick search of 'firestorm' will bring them up and theres also this thread http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/109667-the-e-firestorm-thread/

What are you disagreeing too?!

I said the FS comes highly reccomended.  You dissagree?  Is the carnage 4wd? if so then ok,. but bit harsh mate.

Disagreeing with the statement that the OP needs to raise their budget to get a durable, bashable 4wd truck on par price wise with the Firestorm. The Carnage fits the bill.

Edited by Horny_Lambo

You'll love the Firestorm, the 10T was my first ever nitro and I still run it today, 7 years on! They're solid as a rock, I don't particularly thrash or beat my cars to death but broke my first part about 6 months ago.

If you're looking for a car you can upgrade then don't get the firestorm. There are very few upgrades available simply because they don't really need them!

If buying the nitro then buying new is your best bet - buying second hand you run the risk of getting an early model which had an engine issue. (This has been fixed with the "newer" G3.0 engines).

It's mega easy to tune and you'll absolutely love it :)