• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

opinions on my new whip

cbally1985

Looks good, should have some decent power with that engine! Go out and enjoy it, but when the upgrade bug begins to bite I'd swap out those stock servos for something a little more powerful. Enjoy! :good:

Yea its a hyper 7 as far as I know lol

purple hop ups.

Currently out of action as I toom a hard hit and damaged the main gear box casing :( lower wish bone is currently flopping about. Best place to order a new one?

The servos are stock yep. Steering servo is crap so thats gotta go.....best option?

Cheers

Yea its a hyper 7 as far as I know lol

purple hop ups.

Currently out of action as I toom a hard hit and damaged the main gear box casing :( lower wish bone is currently flopping about. Best place to order a new one?

The servos are stock yep. Steering servo is crap so thats gotta go.....best option?

Cheers

look on ebay for Marder boy. .He brakes hypers and is cheap and reliable. ... Edited by evssv

cheers

currently in pieces after a hard hit (curb :'( )

curbs really are worth being very wary of... 

If you scale it up... a 1/8th scale RC doing 35 mph hitting a curb is like a 1:1 car doing 280mph into a stone wall. 

So.... had a delivery...spent the evening rebuilding my poorly hyper. Went to start her up and managed to damage the bearing in the back plate while using the roto start. Is this common? Also.... the first start is always a right pain in the arse. Is this mormal or should it be on the button?

So.... had a delivery...spent the evening rebuilding my poorly hyper. Went to start her up and managed to damage the bearing in the back plate while using the roto start. Is this common? Also.... the first start is always a right pain in the arse. Is this mormal or should it be on the button?

First thing for me to say should be...there are more cheap Hyper7 bits on Ebay (UK) than you can shake a stick at...and they are new..

Roto starts can be hard on one way bearings...because the roto does not know when to stop....this will give the bearing a hard time...

A correctly tuned/running engine will start with a few blips of a roto or a few pulls of a pullstart....

One way bearings have a hard time in general but the bearing in the Hyper engine/s is no better/worse than others.

First thing for me to say should be...there are more cheap Hyper7 bits on Ebay (UK) than you can shake a stick at...and they are new..

Roto starts can be hard on one way bearings...because the roto does not know when to stop....this will give the bearing a hard time...

A correctly tuned/running engine will start with a few blips of a roto or a few pulls of a pullstart....

One way bearings have a hard time in general but the bearing in the Hyper engine/s is no better/worse than others.

Thanks for the reply

yep I found this out today....went to my local hobby shop who wanted

Yes many can struggle with tuning for various reasons...sometimes it is because they do not know how the engine should perform when correctly tuned....or they are not following a guide and sticking to it...but remember that sometimes the reason that they are struggling is because of an actual fault.

Plenty of people here can help you...videos of the car running at idle/accelerating/high speed can be very useful....or a description of the problems you are having and the method of tuning you are using.

The (initial) guide here would be the one I would suggest to follow because it is fairly simple- http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/3368-how-to-tune-a-nitro-engine/

HSN controls the maximum amount of fuel let into the engine....the engine will use the maximum amount of fuel when at full throttle and high revs (rpm).

LSN controls the amount of fuel let into the engine when the throttle is "closed".

The idle screw controls the amount of air let into the engine when the throttle is "closed".

If the engine is lean then it will run hot and fast..but not for long.

If the engine is rich then it will run cool with poor performance.

You can see where I am going here....

If the engine is set correctly then it will run/start happily and perform well.

...but if one needle is set too lean and the other too rich then that can cause many weird things to happen...let alone throwing the idle screw in there. :)

(I am sure I make this all sound more complicated that it actually is).