• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gazlams KM Baja 5b 002c

Gazlam

This will teach me to stop driving like a idiot!0f761ef29895126b705768965240d46c.jpg

Whoops :) at least its getting driven properly :) hope your shocks arnt bent pal, plastics are cheap, shocks arnt lol a ubber bumper wouldnt go a miss ;) like the rear tyres on front as well

• Like 1

Whoops :) at least its getting driven properly :) hope your shocks arnt bent pal, plastics are cheap, shocks arnt lol a ubber bumper wouldnt go a miss ;) like the rear tyres on front as well

Shocks are still good mate [emoji106]

Cheers for the advice, I'll look into a uber bumper tonight.

Get an irc kick up brace an a uber bumper its a proper basher then, also some shock braces.

expect plenty of breakages if your gonna be jumpin it man.

Carry a spare spur your gonna need it;)

• Like 1

Thats a brilliant offer mate and i really appreciate it, but i have a set of clone ones on my other baja i think are the same size. It's great to see generosity on here tho.

I was just thinking smoother tires would be best for shells with arches but i would rather put knobblies on it. Ive just got afew tubes of shoo goo to strengthen the body tho.

Ebay has them real cheap atm

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Thats a brilliant offer mate and i really appreciate it, but i have a set of clone ones on my other baja i think are the same size. It's great to see generosity on here tho.

I was just thinking smoother tires would be best for shells with arches but i would rather put knobblies on it. Ive just got afew tubes of shoo goo to strengthen the body tho.

Ebay has them real cheap atm

• Like 1

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd try my luck here. Is it true if I say...

The thicker the rear diff oil, the more oversteer? I believe 10000wt is the way to go?

Could anyone assist?

sent from my OnePlus One using crapatalk

Edited by Gazlam

Stock not oversteery enough?!?

Yeah, but i'd not go that thick as HPI only use 1000wt in the 5b, because of the way the diff assembly works it makes the diff stiffer than it otherwise would be. I'd try 2/3k first because 10k will pretty much lock that diff, and if you're going to lock i you can buy an actual locker instead.

• Like 1

I have 20k with a 30.5 obr fullmod and it's proper tail happy, good fun but was abit annoying when you just wanna turn a not spin out all the time. Sorted now though fitted elcon wheels with king cobra spike tyres ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...