• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Volt meter / Temp checker

EwanF

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated!

If the battery does not have a balance lead, would I just get a bog standard electrician's volt meter?

• 2 weeks later...

If you plug your charing lead in with the balance plug on it then the one I linked would work. A normal volt Meyer won't tell you the voltage of each cell just the voltage of the whole pack.

I measure the voltage of individual cells from the balance lead using a normal voltage meter all the time,  Just means you only read one cell at a time.

You just put the - probe on the black(usually) wire of your balance lead then the + on the next wire along.   Then shift both probes along down the line to read each cell individually.      The probes are too big to go into the actual pin holes in the balance connector,  But usually there's an exposed metal clip where each crimped connector latches into the plastic connector.

Just be very very careful not to cross the metal needles of the voltage meter probes onto each other while reading otherwise you will have a 1S short circuit on your hands.....  ( Don't cross the streams!)