• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

lol really. Let's see you start a flooded car if you don't hold throttle open and pull the starter till your arm is pumped.

Do all models come through you for "starting" that you could quote

"Any CY or Zenoah engine can be almost a full turn in either direction..... Bla bla bla"

In 1/5 scale engines theres a 5 pull rule, if after 5 pulls it doesnt start then somethings a miss, yes flooding a engine is possible may be caused by a dead plug etc, in that instance you remove the plug, turn upside down, and pull the starter untill all the fuel has been emptied, fit new plug, try again.

You clearly have no idea what your yappin about, clearly.

In 1/5 scale engines theres a 5 pull rule, if after 5 pulls it doesnt start then somethings a miss, yes flooding a engine is possible may be caused by a dead plug etc, in that instance you remove the plug, turn upside down, and pull the starter untill all the fuel has been emptied, fit new plug, try again.

You clearly have no idea what your yappin about, clearly.

I guess you right. Please educate us all by showing us a demo video.

Edit - I guest because my car didn't start after 5 pulls something was drastically wrong - That drastic problem fixed itself after I tuned the LSN. Its a miracle.

Edited by Gazlam

I am right,been doing it years fella, if you want to learn, watch some one else, coz you clearly do not listen.

Because you've been doing it for years doesn't make you a expert [emoji106]

But as long as you think you are, that's all that matters.

But the battery on the car is dead, thats my point, all batteries have a small amount of charge in them and just to test there working is not a hard or long task, a quick simple check is all thats needed, john, i knew mcgregor well and i know he used to check all electrics before dispatch, your not.

Hpi sell thousands of models each year, your not selling thousands, you probably have around 50 max in stock and sell a few each day at the most, surely you can do a few simpke checks to help yourselfs in the future, narrow down any problems.

We check all electrics before dispatch. And not all batteries have life in some are completely flat.

And even if a battery is faulty we will replace it.

Because you've been doing it for years doesn't make you a expert [emoji106]

But as long as you think you are, that's all that matters.

Iistening to others, like evo steve, top engine tunner, paying attention to others that do it for a living is what makes somebody a expert, not spitting your dummy out when proved wrong.

• Like 1

Iistening to others, like evo steve, top engine tunner, paying attention to others that do it for a living is what makes somebody a expert, not spitting your dummy out when proved wrong.

Lol. Nothing has been proved wrong or right. Like I've said. Unless something is drastically wrong.... It should start.....

When the fault is proven, then you can point fingers at quality control etc

So please before you embarrass yourself with you dummy spitting lines and how you watch and listen to people makes you a expert, prove your theory that a car will start with the LSN turned 1 full turn either way as it doesn't work for me personally. I believe as the battery was flat there way no throttle control either.

Edit - What's that stock settings on the LSN?

Edited by Gazlam

Lol. Nothing has been proved wrong or right. Like I've said. Unless something is drastically wrong.... It should start.....

So please before you embarrass yourself with you dummy spitting lines and how you watch and listen to people makes you a expert, prove your theory that a car will start with the LSN turned 1 full turn either way as it doesn't work for me personally. I believe as the battery was flat there way no throttle control either.

Edit - What's that stock settings on the LSN?

It was roughly 1 1/4 but i've been reducing it. It doesn't say anything in the manual.

• Like 1

Your contradicting yourself, you said your engine would not start YES so you turned the lsn and it started, is that drastic ??? Eerr no its not.

You should not need any throttle to start a 1/5 engine if the needles are set reasonably right, thats what the choke is for, thats why chokeless carbs are only recomended for people who know what there doing.

And yes, listing and learning from the likes of rossmod and evo steve does make you have a better understanding of 1/5 scale, they are some of the best 1/5 scale racers in the world, not just the uk, they are my local 1/5 scale suppliers, the guy that owns and runs it was one of the guys who designed the first mass 1/5 scale, the fg marder, and yes in most cases experiance is knowlege.

Lee what carb has it 668 ?????

Have u turned the idle screw right up as that helps!!!!

Its got wt 997 printed on it, thats all I can see.

Haven't touched the idle.

Edited by Leeb

The 997 is identical to the 668 buddy, identical, reset your needles to factory and turn your idle screw clockwise to increase, take note of the butterfly on the opposite side, unscrew the the idle screw anticlickwise and make note of the butterfly with the spring atatched, now screw the idle screw back in clock wise and make sure that butterfly moves up ever so slightly, now you have a small amount of throttle applied and it should start ;) if not turn clockwise 1/4 of a turn more that should be enough throttle, if not something else may be a miss.

Have u had a search online for the stock settings?? Or find Walbro's website and check there??

I no its not your carb but I've put a 990 carb on my KM and it has no choke and I wack the idle screw right in,prime it a couple of times and she fires up on the 2nd to 3rd pull,

If u manage to get the stock settings just wind that idle screw in and try that??

Also get yourself a NGK spark plug but not sure what has come stock with yours but if it isn't NGK please get one.

Hope I'm not trying to tell u how to suck eggs as im new to the 1/5 scale world but im learning from some very very very knowledgeable guys who have taken me under there wing.

The 997 is identical to the 668 buddy, identical, reset your needles to factory and turn your idle screw clockwise to increase, take note of the butterfly on the opposite side, unscrew the the idle screw anticlickwise and make note of the butterfly with the spring atatched, now screw the idle screw back in clock wise and make sure that butterfly moves up ever so slightly, now you have a small amount of throttle applied and it should start ;) if not turn clockwise 1/4 of a turn more that should be enough throttle, if not something else may be a miss.

I'll try that thanks.

Have u had a search online for the stock settings?? Or find Walbro's website and check there??

I no its not your carb but I've put a 990 carb on my KM and it has no choke and I wack the idle screw right in,prime it a couple of times and she fires up on the 2nd to 3rd pull,

If u manage to get the stock settings just wind that idle screw in and try that??

Also get yourself a NGK spark plug but not sure what has come stock with yours but if it isn't NGK please get one.

Hope I'm not trying to tell u how to suck eggs as im new to the 1/5 scale world but im learning from some very very very knowledgeable guys who have taken me under there wing.

I've tried 2 NGK spark plugs today. When I searched online I was looking for km 30.5cc needle settings they all said high 1 1/2 and low 1 1/4. i'm sure it's something like this causing it.

• Like 1

Well your carb setting are bang on and all I can say is wind that idle screw right in,prime it and without the choke give it 3-4 pulls and see if it's going to fire!!

Don't want to frighten you but a mate had the same problem and his was a cracked head so maybe a close inspection wouldn't go a miss but I doubt that's the problem but it wouldn't hurt.

He changed the carb/coil/plug and nothing,it wasn't till he stripped it that he found the issue

Edited by Garry45

Well your carb setting are bang on and all I can say is wind that idle screw right in,prime it and without the choke give it 3-4 pulls and see if it's going to fire!!

Don't want to frighten you but a mate had the same problem and his was a cracked head so maybe a close inspection wouldn't go a miss but I doubt that's the problem but it wouldn't hurt.

Very helpful thanks.

• Like 1

Very helpful thanks.

don't mean to put any downer on this Lee but it's just another thing to tick off the list but it could be and I hope it is a very simple thing that's giving you issues,

Fingers crossed for you mate as can't wait to see some running vids

What plug is fitted ??  CMR7H is what you need .

Also have you had the air filter off to make sure its not dripping in oil ??

Yes stock settings are L 1,1/4     H 1,1/2 

It'll be friday before I take another good look at it, are these cmr7h decent then.

don't mean to put any downer on this Lee but it's just another thing to tick off the list but it could be and I hope it is a very simple thing that's giving you issues,

Fingers crossed for you mate as can't wait to see some running vids

I'm sure it will be something simple, thanks.

• Like 1

the guy that owns and runs it was one of the guys who designed the first mass 1/5 scale, the fg marder

So he's the one responsible for that over inflated pile of tat.