• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Call of Duty - Advanced Warfare

humperdingle

Anyone got it yet?

Seems very different to recent COD games... obviously it's set in the future

I'm liking it so far... playing private matches with bots to get used to the maps etc, and the 'Combat Readiness' mode (never played that before), where matched players find their feet and K/D ratios aren't counted (just kills/assists).

Enjoying it so far - add me " humperdingle " on PSN (PS3)

I stoped playing COD after the 7th one. I was stick of the stupid physics of the game and that more and more young kids joined the game then telling there mum if we said something bad. Then I started playing battlefield and it was soooooo much better BF4 all the way.

Yeh, I've played COD since COD4... still play that one sometimes as It's the only one i've kept longer than a couple of weeks!

Strange to think that, 7 years (!) on, folks are still playing it online.

Anyhoo, this one is very different. I'd say more..."Arcadey"?

Whatever, i'm still getting my ass handed to me by 10 year olds :D 42 year old reactions aren't the same :D

I stoped playing COD after the 7th one. I was stick of the stupid physics of the game and that more and more young kids joined the game then telling there mum if we said something bad. Then I started playing battlefield and it was soooooo much better BF4 all the way.

This ^^

Along with the re using old maps.

The amount of money i wasted buying their DLC, just to find out another game was coming out 6 months later... The dlc was useless cos nobody played it when the new games arrived

Imo COD is just a cash cow which ruined it for me, Battlefield for the win! :)

cod = same basic game, different textures

battlefield = same basic game - different textures.

cod = half assed run and gun

battlefield = think before you shoot, move, jump, etc.

Cod = simple, small games, never far from the action

Battlefield = faily complex, large games, in small areas of the huge map

battlefield, cod, medal of honor, gears of war, etc = shooters

shooters = war

"and War, War never changes."

• Like 2

Hmm... some take this all more seriously than others :D

It's just a game to me... Play, don't play, each to their own!

i play games because i want to and because i enjoy them.

playing the same game all the time isn't fun, its not just cod though, all shooters have the same basic problem, end of the day you are only shooting people (albeit virtual people)

and its not just shooters that suffer from this, racing games are all the same when you get to the basics, as are all the sandbox/open world style games and even rpg games

there are 2 things that change in games, the story line and the graphics, other than them, nothing really changes.

cod:aw looks decent from what i have seen, story line is fairly generic, the vertical aspect would have been more inpressive if titanfall hadn't beaten them too it.

for me games are more about what you can do with your mates, if you can get online, enjoy the game and have a laugh with your friends while playing, then its a decent game in my book.

I'm a battlefield fanboy. Reason being as mentioned above, proper laugh when playing with mates. What other game can you jump out of a helicopter, parachute down and blow a sniper up and the building he's hiding in with c4? Had a peek at cod on my mates Xbox One and to be honest, not impressed.

Openly admit I'm a COD fanboy.... Yeah I agree with most of the comments above..... Same same same, new maps, new guns, improved graphics. I play it because I enjoy it. AW is up there IMO as almost the best COD multiplayer there is. Black Ops 2 taking that title. Followed by AW, MW2, MW3, and MW with Black Ops and then somewhere in its lowly state of mind. Ghosts. But Ghosts did have Extinction was had me hooked. Totally hooked. (The classic COD games, do not interest me)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Openly admit I'm a COD fanboy.... Yeah I agree with most of the comments above..... Same same same, new maps, new guns, improved graphics. I play it because I enjoy it. AW is up there IMO as almost the best COD multiplayer there is. Black Ops 2 taking that title. Followed by AW, MW2, MW3, and MW with Black Ops and then somewhere in its lowly state of mind. Ghosts. But Ghosts did have Extinction was had me hooked. Totally hooked. (The classic COD games, do not interest me)

Classic as in WW2 era? I agree with that. Mind you, it'd be interesting to see how the PS4 could render that era.

I've had every COD game since COD3. With the exception of COD4 MW, I've sold them all shortly after.

Still play COD4 online occasionally, 7 years on!

i've had them all (bar ghosts) since cod 4 mw.

personaly my favs are waw, because its the only one a really enjoyed playing, and black ops 2, because its the only one i've been any good at.

i will be getting aw when/if i buy a new gen console, unless a new one is out.

personally i like campers, sure i get killed, but at least i know where my grenades need to go when i'm next at the part of the map.

don't have any of my cod games anymore, traded alot of my 360 games in to buy pokemon y, looking at getting bo2 again now that some of my mates have started playing it again.

Classic as in WW2 era? I agree with that. Mind you, it'd be interesting to see how the PS4 could render that era.

I've had every COD game since COD3. With the exception of COD4 MW, I've sold them all shortly after.

Still play COD4 online occasionally, 7 years on!

Yes, Classic is WW2.

I played COD 3 as it came with the xbox, and it's one of 2 games I had at the time. I did get WaW played 3 missions and a couple of multiplayer matches and retired it back to the shelf to play MW.

I just prefer the modern weaponry, but driving the Tank in COD 3 was pretty cool.

i've had them all (bar ghosts) since cod 4 mw.

personaly my favs are waw, because its the only one a really enjoyed playing, and black ops 2, because its the only one i've been any good at.

i will be getting aw when/if i buy a new gen console, unless a new one is out.

personally i like campers, sure i get killed, but at least i know where my grenades need to go when i'm next at the part of the map.

don't have any of my cod games anymore, traded alot of my 360 games in to buy pokemon y, looking at getting bo2 again now that some of my mates have started playing it again.

Campers annoy me, but I do it myself on some games, certain maps on BO2 I love to snipe.

Its a shame that developers now are stuck (a good stuck most probably) in a vicious circle of churning out cookie cutter games for massive profits, regardless of all the complaining that goes on, those complaining still buy the game in droves. 

Devs dont want to break that cycle, why would they? why risk it creating something wildly different for next year and potentially lose a lot of money, when they could just churn out another cookie cutter shooter with a different theme. What annoys me though is that it is becoming lazy, Advanced warfare looks outdated by a couple of years already, all this "new engine" nonsense, it looks no better than MW3, even if you keep the core gameplay the same at least do something to show for it.

obviously you can argue "how different can you make a shooter" well i agree those years have gone, those golden years where everything was literally fresh and new, like the concept of counter strike and half life, nothing on the market that was the same or as epic. Can there be another era like it? probably not no. 

Now for me, ive played a lot of FPS, both competitively and for fun, ranging from counterstrike, medal of honor allied assault all the way to COD4, after that, everything became stale and ended up stopping playing FPS's and played forza 4 every so often, gaming as a whole just went a bit "off" for me. 

To keep me playing the game has to have something, for MOHAA and COD4 there was the clans and competitive game play, those intense last moments in a clan match is what kept me playing, in particular cod4 for a good 2 years with the same people. with counterstrike there was all the mods, fun maps, clans, there was always something to do for a bit of fun. 

Now that brings me to Destiny which is a funny beast, in my head i should hate it, log on, get some bounties kill some things rinse repeat, the story is lack luster at best and 90% of the time im on my own, so why am i so addicted to it? well its the fire fights, its been a very long time since a FPS has been able to deliver consistently intense and enjoyable fire fights and its got me hooked be it monster hunting or on crucible, it genuinely gets sweaty and intense and i love it. 

Not only that, whilst the story is lack luster, what is there however is, i think very cool and different and they are expanding on it with these expansion packs, cant expect to have a star wars story along with a MMO and a fps and everything else straight away so at least bungie are working on it, you can argue its very halo ish but either way, the concept of being on earth still, the classes, the ghost etc its all very appealing and different. 

So good on bungie to be honest. 

Have to say out of all the COD's this is by far the worst!

Very poor connection, spawn points are just stupid, a gun thats supposed to be powerful is worse than a handgun.

I use shotgun on close combat maps and the one i have has a full damage bar yet i get killed after firing 4 rounds into the OP at point blank and they hit me with a 3 burst gun WTF is that about?

One of the things the game makers said was there wasn't going to be any quickscope sniping but again we have a quickscope infested game. 

I get spawned smack bang in front of the other team and have had where the other team has spawned in front of me so whats that about? 

The game is on its arse and its only a week old i have 24 friends that have sold there copy already and they where BIG into that last COD games so that says something for this game. 

im gonna give it till next update and see how it goes and if its still same its off to the game shop for a trade in.