• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja engines thread post your knowledge.

RCbutcher

Im just gathering info so i can search the engines better for when i decide to swap out. Right now i have a new 29cc km 4bolt but im not sure if i should just ebay that as new other and go straight to another one.

So far with the little knowledge i have i like the sound of the zenhoa 32cc with option to go 34cc later. im guessing that would put out 5hp atleast.

it claims 4hp i think then add 1hp with pipe and hope the 2mm crank adds even more.

One of those engines just sold for 220 new that sounds amazing value.

But what about long block engines are they compatible with the baja or losi only?

RCMK 30cc i think had an attractive price tag too under

Edited by RCbutcher

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/199830-badger-and-pig-hooning/

i would run standard, there is nothing wrong with standard they are plenty fast enough

I agree totally! I personally am going to buy the G320RC, mild port and polish and I'll be happy, although I'm happy with the stock motor in my losi, it can be a long term project. At least with that you can enjoy the car anywhere, not just in a straight line and a flat surface like the crazy power engines! Edited by Gazlam

I have a obr 30.5 full mod in my baja it does wheelie but not all the time. I bought it as a long block an swapped the parts from my other engine which was easy btw the pro mx's are nice too my mate has a 32 pro mx an its mean mate, the reed motors are temperamental I believe they run hot. Wouldn't bother buying from usa as you can get as good if not better right here in uk an get obr motors from Obr uk hope this helps;)

Thanks yeah with the popularity of the zenoha 32 right now i think ill aim for that especially if oho's looks beasty as it sounds.

Does uk have an engine maker that usa love is it oddi or something or even rcmax i know i saw an American saying uk makes something special. idk what tho lol.

Is full mod engines as reliable as factory beasts.

What hp figures do you think you all have mmr told me the zen29 he has could push 6hp with good pipe and 2mm crank.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Very impressed with the CY F270, cheap & a night & day difference between it & the "ported" KM 30.5cc stock engine I had, don't get me wrong, it did its job, but this engine is far better.

Agree Big Jim,

Nige at Freeprawn said he would take the CY 27 4 bolt over the zen everyday if he wanted a great engine off the shelf, i have it in my Losi 5 and it leaves my other losi with a 30.5 cc engine for dead, both with bartalone pipes.

God knows what the baja would be like with this donkey in as this is rather nippy with the stock engine and a BZM micro side pipe.

I damaged the tendons in a blokes foot by rolling into him sideways with a baja at 10 mph, he was at A & E the next morning as he couldn't walk.

Had to cut his lawns for 2 weeks...:(

All depends on what your after as personally the 70cc seems great but your never going to be able to drive flat out round a field drifting the back end out and twitching the steering, which is a great feeling when its just on the edge.

After having used the F270 and the G320, I can honestly say thus far, I prefer the F270.

Good bit cheaper, very good rev range, nice smooth power.

I'm pretty disappointed with this G320 now I've run it a bit more, changed gearing, tyres, pipes etc... If I'd used one before I bought it, I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

I haven't used the 29cc abbate but I have 3 23cc Abbate engines and they are faultless and have a crazy amount of power

http://radiocontrolracing.co.uk/epages/62f803ea-babc-40f7-92ac-4405acab24f1.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62f803ea-babc-40f7-92ac-4405acab24f1/Products/ABR-29cc

so far i've used

hpi 23cc

hpi 26cc (briefly)

zen 29cc (stock)

obr 30.5cc long rod

obr methanol (briefly)

Oddified zen 23cc (in the marder)

cy 26cc (stock)

as well as a few engines i either didn't run long enough to care or don't know what they where.

it been quite a varied ride

• 1 month later...

standard engines are good, depends on what you want and your budget. the RCMK is a good engine I tested one for rcmodelz a while ago and found it a good fast motor, lacked a little torque but did perform well overall. the engines stevo does at rossendale models are fast and produce good H.P for a reasonable price.