• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rudeboy's DBXL Brushless Conversion

rudeboy

110 ohm at what wattage arogon?

All my packs now have antispark connectors on, and, as I swap to 8mm bullets anyway, no hassle adding one onto new packs ;)

Aye not a big deal Noj just thiking about all my current packs that I'd have to change/adapt.

110 ohm at what wattage arogon?

All my packs now have antispark connectors on, and, as I swap to 8mm bullets anyway, no hassle adding one onto new packs ;)

cant remember, got them from my school so will double check next week as i need some more to lol

wasnt planning on as the esc has a bec so just power everything from that, why?

i use a external battery pack on my xl2 as i have been told that the BEC in the xl2 can be weak and is prone to fail if it comes under a high amp draw from a servo or anything else it is connected to, this is why some xl2's fail most of the time, other times you can just get a bad esc. 

• Like 1

wasnt planning on as the esc has a bec so just power everything from that, why?

Longer run times and no risk of the Bec burning out, best way to do it is use a servo extension cable and cut the positive wire and tape it up, don't cut the positive on the esc as you will need it when plugging it into your laptop to adjust settings. Plug the receiver battery into your receiver like you would on nitro/petrol. Edited by toddfg

Use an external BEC, ie a uBEC. This won't reduce runtimes by any noticeable amount. Just use the servo extension cable on your ESC Rx cable as was mentioned. Remove the red from the extension cable to keep the two BECs apart. This keeps your ESC Rx plug intact for pit-card and PC use.

• Like 1

Will get there,

I'm already toying with a brushless baja as have almost everything I need as before getting out ofthe hobby I was collecting parts for building a road going baja all of these parts I still have although a little dated they are mostly brand new so only require a few parts to do the build one of them being the conversion kit and the deal done for the castle motor combo also includes a 780kv Toro Beast motor, will get the DBXL finished first though.

After working on the Losi, the badger will feel antiquated and a royal PIA! There is no question about the ensuing 2wd entertainment after conversion though :) If I did another, reckon a KM would be my starting point: it'd have to get mandatory upgrades so starting from a cheaper platform makes sense...

After working on the Losi, the badger will feel antiquated and a royal PIA! There is no question about the ensuing 2wd entertainment after conversion though :) If I did another, reckon a KM would be my starting point: it'd have to get mandatory upgrades so starting from a cheaper platform makes sense...

Most of the parts I have for the baja build are upgrade parts albeit upgrade parts from a few years ago but most should still be good to this day and better than standard parts, will start another build thread on the baja once I get round to it, From a quick look through all the parts I accumulated for it the only obvious things missing are shocks and roll cage, I literally have boxes and boxes of standard parts as well from when I was into large scale as had 5 baja's at 1 stage.

Second nature then.

Avoid the castle conversion kit, for it is pants. Alza racing used to do one, although the top plate has the mechanical brake slots...as does the RC monster one, iirc...

cheers for the heads up, checked out both and both do a conversion kit as you said and look far better quality than the castle one so will be ordering one of these when time comes, anyways back to the DBXL,

Not much done today as waiting on parts, removed stock tyres and taped them thats about it really.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...