• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

Looks great mate what spec was the other baja with you. Phone app get "ulysses speedometer" that app is acurate mate trust me well when i had it as hud in a 1.1 it was bang on with 3 satalites connected.

The app is the best ive seen too either put it on big screen then sit on the car dashboard and it'll reflect off the window and be like heads up display thats ace.

Then you can play with all of the display for how you want it. Think of the traxxas ipod telemetry screen thats how it looks.

Ahh is there not a bloothtooth sensor we could fit to cars connected to our phones and do it that way so the phone can be fitted to tx and sensor on the car sending the info back. That would be very cool. 

I cant see why it couldnt be done either. 

Other Baja is basically stock aside from pipe, tyres and shock socks :)

I have to take it easy though mainly because he gets a bit out of control at times lol, as you can see from the times he crashes into me :P I need my Baja strong just to fend Ray off :lol::P

I've also used that same speedo app before, I keep forgetting to stick it on the Baja.

Edited by Oh How Original

Not really got anything to send one that high at my local stomping ground.

thats my point dan, my parts survived jumps of that height, if you are doing smaller jump then you parts should survive as well, even last longer,

I've run it before, only with a clone pipe so fancy trying a real one this time, but I really like this side pipe and don't want to lose my top end either.

So I'm unsure :(

I've not noticed any loss of top end from my genuine silenced dom, in fact I have hardly had anywhere to run it large enough to get it WOT! It picks up so well, I'm loving the CY F270 & Dom combo.

I've not noticed any loss of top end from my genuine silenced dom, in fact I have hardly had anywhere to run it large enough to get it WOT! It picks up so well, I'm loving the CY F270 & Dom combo.

This isn't meant how it's going to sound, but you won't be as used to the top end as me though.

This BZM is a really nice pipe for top end lol, it pulls like a train paired with the 32.

Might just buy the whole lot and I can pick and choose what I want to run from day to day :lol:

Had her out today and put tank number four through her plus some from tank nunmber 5 then Rays servo died so we came home.

No fotage as I couldn't be bothered.

Still can't decide on pipe/bumper combo or TC cage though, I want some more back end action as well so I think I might go for the V2 Dom and stick this 8k clutch in.

New clutch is in, tested her today, all seems well.

Time will tell, when I get her out next (hopefully tomorrow)

Also swapped back to 17/57, I know I said it seemed a waste, but I fancy a bit of donut fun now so will go back to 19/55 when needed, failing that if she donuts very easily I might buy 18/56 to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather hoped to have a positive update but apparently not.

Still not got my Vertigo carrier.

Turned the clutch round in the hope of getting less slip and it worked.

Even on 17/57, the back end still won't let go though.

Very disappointed in this engine after using it more now, had around 6-7 tanks, so should be fully opened up and the power just doesn't really seem to be there :/

Rays 26 is quicker off the line with an SS pipe lol.

I think I will be putting the 30.5KM lump back in for now and going back to the drawing board!

Bearing in mind I'm not massively up on 1/5 and also bearing in mind I know even less about 2-stroke engines - although "Ray's 26" is quicker off the mark, has your engine got a faster top end speed than his? Or has your motor got more torque?

Is your one heavier or could it be down to the tires?

Are you both running the same setup -except for the engine-

Quite a few variables I reckon :)

(Take it as ya will, I am but a novice for now lol)

P.s are they Michael Jacksons gloves you're wearing in the pic above?

Edited by MAZ
  • Like 1

We've compared them in many different situations bud, I know how it should handle really, on a matching setup, in the same Baja, only variable being the engine, it's not a whole lot faster than the stock 30.5 KM engine.

Now considering that's a 'dirty clone, bin it' to most people and this Zen is meant to be a complete torque monster for a stocker, it's very disappointing.

It's definitely not jut down to a few extras grams of weight from a brace anyway lol.

Like I keep saying (and which I'll probably keep saying until my Baja is up and running... One day...) - I'm a largescale virgon lol. I thought there may have been a few things that could contribute to your engine not being all it could be

Their is bud, but they're all things I've checked/changed/tried etc... Plus on identical set ups, the KM has way more bottom end, so it must jut be the way this 32 runs, it does pull like a train, I'm guessing the torque is just delivered in a more subtle way.

Rather than in a vicious tyre shredding sort of way, which sometimes, you want to have a good blast around and do some donuts lol.

I still say it's a good engine, it's been reliable, and does pull 19/55 gearing like a train with good top end, but I want the option of no control etc... Which it doesn't seem to offer :(

only thing i won't question is if you have tuned it right.

also, what exhaust is this ray running?

What do you mean the only thing you won't question?

Originally he was running the SS pipe, then he bought the Thor off me as he wanted something a bit nicer sounding.

The thing is, I know other lads (unfortunately not local) who have a basically identical setup to me and say they can get theirs sliding all over the place lol.

What do you mean the only thing you won't question?

Originally he was running the SS pipe, then he bought the Thor off me as he wanted something a bit nicer sounding.

The thing is, I know other lads (unfortunately not local) who have a basically identical setup to me and say they can get theirs sliding all over the place lol.

ment to say "would", not sure where won't came from

what difference do you have speed wise, sounds like the pipe is more top end and is killing the low end as a result.

Carbs definitely tuned properly, I've tried it richer and leaner, it seems to be as happy as it's going to get as it's currently set.

My mates SS sticks with it off the line, it's only when my taller gearing comes into play that I really pull away from him to be honest, that's one thing I will say, it does pull like a train once it's moving.

The gearing isn't too tall either, the clutch definitely isn't slipping, all the bearings move freely and as they should, the mesh is good and not warped or tight.

could be your brakes binding, have alook at the linkage to make sure its not holding it on slightly.

would make sence ad the linkage goes back it take the brake off completely and lets it rip.

what spring you running on it?

may be worth double checking you got the clutch shoe the right way around aswell.

could be your brakes binding, have alook at the linkage to make sure its not holding it on slightly.

would make sence ad the linkage goes back it take the brake off completely and lets it rip.

what spring you running on it?

may be worth double checking you got the clutch shoe the right way around aswell.

Brakes aren't binding buddy, everything runs free and smooth when the servo is sat in the neutral position.

The clutch is reversed, to stop slip, works a treat as well.

But it was no different when I was running it the other way round, in regards to spring, it's an 8k... Also had a 5k, and it was the same issue... It just set off sooner lol.