• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

should be able to use paint stripper on it, just get a bucket and pour it in.

be easier if you give the paint abit of a light sanding so the stripper can get under it.

I've got some thinners for it but wstill undecided which route to go :P

Hilarious! One off the cuff, comedic comment and the world goes anti-plastic bonkers! Trolololol...

Not sure what you mean?

Loving this BZM pipe.

Sound is amazing, gives a proper motocross raspy ting.

Way nicer sounding than any other pipe I've used (for what I like noise wise)

Also added a rather dramatic amount of power, much more than expected.

Overall I'm very happy, the Bajas very dirty, with nothing broken and another tank through it.

All is well :)

Pipe freshly painted and fitted.

I also noticed it's melted a very small part of the gear cover, so I've put a spacer under the mount which is meant for the clutch bell carrier.

Had it spare, might as well put it to use, it now clears the gear cover by a couple of mm, so shouldn't melt it anymore.

Hidden away behind the shell too so makes no difference to the look.

Good bodge :P

IMG_4366_zps64466065.jpg

IMG_4367_zps1c21deb6.jpg

Way nicer sounding than any other pipe I've used (for what I like noise wise)

Also added a rather dramatic amount of power, much more than expected.

thats all well and good, but how is the smell of the oil? :ph34r:

Not got a clue, why?

I think I'm going to put a titanium wrap round the header of this pipe... Seen a few folk do it now.

Because titanium pipes sound so much nicer than standard steel pipes on touring cars

That pipe looks great mate but i can picture it in a gold textured finish that would look beast. black on black is too stealth for me but i do like stealth too but want pipes and stuff to stand out.

Would it be easy to make a pipe gold like dirt bike forks, not shiney gold i dont know the propper name for it. powder coated gold mayb lol.

Black baja gold alloys.

The baja beatles with dragon fly pipe should look nice. Why dragon fly idk looks more like a cobra flaring to me.

Is that pipe any good its a lot like the dom which is rated so im thinking of that one cos it'll exit nicly from a 5t.

What's next for yours then mate did you say you have the bzm engine?

That pipe looks great mate but i can picture it in a gold textured finish that would look beast. black on black is too stealth for me but i do like stealth too but want pipes and stuff to stand out.

Would it be easy to make a pipe gold like dirt bike forks, not shiney gold i dont know the propper name for it. powder coated gold mayb lol.

Black baja gold alloys.

The baja beatles with dragon fly pipe should look nice. Why dragon fly idk looks more like a cobra flaring to me.

Is that pipe any good its a lot like the dom which is rated so im thinking of that one cos it'll exit nicly from a 5t.

What's next for yours then mate did you say you have the bzm engine?

Well their was one condition for me making the pipe a raw finish again and that was that I could keep the logo intact, I'm far from a brand queen but I really like the BZM logo on these pipes.

Their didn't seem a way it was going to be possible, anything that stripped the paint off, was going to strip the logo off, so decided to go black.

I actually like the stealth look, so it may ALL go black eventually... That bit I'm not yet decided on :)

I think the best pipe for a 5T is the CPI big bore... I've run this Thor pipe which is a clone job and it's not really up to much, doesn't let the engine rev enough IMO.

This BZM pipes I'm running is literally night and day difference in every way.

As for engine, no, I'm still running the stock 30.5cc KM one bud, the pipe is a BZM, not engine :)

I have some different plans for engine ;)

• Like 1

Ive Ti wrapped my pipe, to keep the heat off the mechatech cylinder. Ill have a look to see if I have a picture.

(Ive a mainly black baja)

I'm going to do just a bit near the header I think, won't go overboard.

Just giving it a clean at the minute, I've missed wrestling mud out of Hostiles :lol:

So I ordered my engine today, I've opted to do it the long way round (so to speak) and I've gone for the G320RC stock engine, couple of reasons, firstly, it's in stock now, I don't have to wait until mid-November.
Secondly, it actually works out a bit cheaper (not that it's really an issue, but a bonus anyway) to buy the stock motor then get the porting done and the +2mm crank.
And I want to see what the stock engine is like first, it maybe all I'm looking for in an engine, granted it isn't 'special' like I was aiming for, BUT, I could always send it to Scotty and have 34cc of ProMX goodness, so it's always an option.
Point is, an engine is on the way.
Also gave her a bit of a clean, put fresh oil in the diff, as I expected there was barely anything in there and it was like water, it also absolutely stunk to high heaven, of gas of all things?! Dad actually thought their was a gas leak downstairs it was that strong, never smelled oil like it.
Anywho, 25k oil in the diff, some quality grease on the gears, 20/54 pinion/spur installed, ready for a test tomorrow.
Ti wrapped a small portion of the exhaust.
Hoping to sort the shocks tomorrow, if the weather is okay then I'll take her out for a bit then do the shocks when I come back, if it's crap it'll get done straight away.
Must say, I've missed working on a proper sized RC after a few months of tinkering with 1/8-1/10.

IMG_4368_zpsf58d83e4.jpg

• Like 1

I think that engine sounds good, i think i saw one on ebay fairly cheap to what i expected i cant remember if it was 220 or something but it said with a 2mm crank it'll be a 34cc and that sounds very good. It'll be cool to hear how it goes after. An engine is on my list not sure when tho. 

I think that engine sounds good, i think i saw one on ebay fairly cheap to what i expected i cant remember if it was 220 or something but it said with a 2mm crank it'll be a 34cc and that sounds very good. It'll be cool to hear how it goes after. An engine is on my list not sure when tho.