• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lc racing Truggy

silone74

Like Deafly said, ALL companies tweak existing platforms into short course trucks, truggies, Desert trucks even monster trucks. The day RC cars are as popular as playstations is the day we'll get bespoke designs for each.

Not sure that'll ever happen.

hey guys,

first post for me, hello every one!

the little thing looks pretty interesting.

I hope it will come as a kit, not only as a RTR, and it would be also nice if they include in the kit, the particular motor (28*45 can I guess?) you can see on the picture.

What I like withe the truggies ( this one or Mini 8ight T), is the extra room you have to fit your electronics package and the extra clearance. Must be an easier ride on a 1/10 scale track.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It was asked to be produced by people who have the buggy and wanted an alternative to the m8t, sun ben at lc racing has taken what they already had to get this to where it is now, it has taken along time so all we can hope is the time taken will be worth the wait

Si

For the time taken, I'm hoping there is more to it than just an SCT in truggy form so I remain hopeful as I'm currently EMB-less and this would be a nice way back in :)

Happy to wait for it if its done right. Have enough that I want to be buying now anyway! :D

Check out emb facebook page the truggy has been announced, running 2850 4 pole 6.5t

Si

It does, i will be interested to see how much it cost, i remember the first proto type being the rally chassis and bigger motor and wheels i can only think they will have stuck with that, lets see how it performs, i gope it was worth the long wait

Si

I hope its on sale within a few weeks as I almost bought the mt but the truggy would have suited my needs a little more with it being a little longer. Any idea what amp is the ESC is? I hope they haven't stuck with the old 40a one.

Without doing calculations on gear ratio.

I notice the buggy and Mt are 8.23 yet the truggy is 8.13  I'm going to go ahead and assume this means it comes with a 17t pinion seeing as the MT came with an 18t.  Make sense?  I can't seem to find different spur or diff crown gears etc..

Overall (without seeing under the lid.  I'm dissapointed.  Still the tires are likely to be good so makes a conversion a little cheaper.

EDIT:

Heres a   link to the updated parts pdf that although is on their site is not clearly linked too ;)

Edited by Deafty

They have a good base chassis and they have been making small changes to that since it was released. It would be nicer if there was more 3rd party bits for it like the mini8 t but most compnays would pick losi over lc due to its name.

Is the motor their own or just a rebrand?