• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my gf hpi today not good

pockets snakes

i actually like the fixing side of it too, both my jatos were spare/repair and now both run good. it all part of the hobby, yours wasnt really listed as spare/repair though that i could see. he said it ran good, he musta meant when standing still revvin its nuts off??

We're about sorry nit fiddle with carb yet

no he isnt, thats a old carb screw that you dont need a screw driver for, my old kyosho has the same kind. they were popular on the old small blocks, when he turns it it with notch a lil on the metal pressing against it look closely, it is how it should be.

after looking at it again i see what you mean it has little cutouts so its easier to turn by hand my mistake lol

• Like 1

well as i said, i have a whole other car for spares if you need summin for it let me know, mine rarely gets used anymore so i dont need them all lol

heres mine at the moment, its in a state of upgrade/cleaning:

IMG_12131_zpsf2f6e369.jpg

That looks exactly as my aluminium Carnage pipe!

Welcome to the world of E-Bay buying....

You will struggle to get anything out of that. At no point did the seller lie at all. He failed to mention some issues....but you didn't ask either. His RC knowledge is also pretty much zero if he couldn;t tune the car himself.

He never said it was in good condition, and clearly stated it hadn't run for a year.....and that it had been tuned by 'the shop' then. He mentioned the stripped gear.

The rest is down to the buyer to ask a question or two. You made an offer under the asking price, and it was accepted. Mark it down to experience.

If you buy a car that's been stood ( that's why the fuel is thick and oily ) you will need to clean it up, flush out the fuel lines, tank and carb, and sort a few issues. It's screaming due to lean running...probably down to a blocked jet or clogged needles. The volatile fuel components evaporate leaving an oily mes.

Welcome to the world of E-Bay buying....

You will struggle to get anything out of that. At no point did the seller lie at all. He failed to mention some issues....but you didn't ask either. His RC knowledge is also pretty much zero if he couldn;t tune the car himself.

He never said it was in good condition, and clearly stated it hadn't run for a year.....and that it had been tuned by 'the shop' then. He mentioned the stripped gear.

The rest is down to the buyer to ask a question or two. You made an offer under the asking price, and it was accepted. Mark it down to experience.

If you buy a car that's been stood ( that's why the fuel is thick and oily ) you will need to clean it up, flush out the fuel lines, tank and carb, and sort a few issues. It's screaming due to lean running...probably down to a blocked jet or clogged needles. The volatile fuel components evaporate leaving an oily mes.

I tend to agree here and if it looks a load of crap which this rc obviously is then your going to get a load of crap,

The 2 cars that I brought and both were from eBay,I contacted the sellers (spoke to them not messaged) and asked every question possible and then you can get a sense of if they actually no what there talking about,

Lesson learnt I hope.

Garry

Not having a dig at you mate :-)

But in this game and I'm a NOOB too you have to question every little thing and speak to them on the phone as you will tell in seconds if there full of crap or genuine like the guys I brought my rc'is off and new what they were talking about,

Yes lesson learnt

Garry