• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

King motor kmx1 drive shaft and winding noise!

Benwalker

Today I took my car out everything seemed fine until next thing I realised the car wasnt driving correctly it just kept spinning whe I turned slightly! Brought her in an checked her out the drive shaft going to 1 of the front wheels has snapped off neer the ball joint that sits next to wheel! Can any1 advise were I can get 1 from and is it simple enought for me to do thanks!

Also yesturday it started getting a rubbing/winding noise coming from it when it drives??? What could this be?? Can't be the drive shaft that snapped as it did it before and after it snapped!!

Here's the thing!! I love this car! I bought her for my son for Christmas but after all trouble I've had with it and due to the power of this thing I decided its no toy for my 8 yr old son to play with so she's mine now ???? I've had her less than 2months and already it's had a full engine rebuild due to the person I bought her of just left all engine mount bolts loose !!!! New pull start due to him bodging the old1!! Then just when I get her back I crash her into a post due to the brake lever coming loose and she failed to stop so this cost me a new servo!!!

Anyway I'm new to these things but learning fast!! Any advise on how much can these cars take In regards to rough terrain? Am I driving it like a mad man doing 40 over bumpy grass? Could that have led to the drive shaft breaking??? Or is it just general wear an tear?? And I'm having a bit of bad luck?? Any ideas/advise much appreciated thanks :-)

what kd currently say is she needs a full strip down and wear check fella

ive only had 1 petrol rc a baja 5sc ss which cost me a small bomb but just didnt compare to the savage flux i have now

i do know that theyre fairly good from stock but can be made bp quite easily

4x4 km? 

which one is that i thought all bajas wer rwd mate. or is the the truck one. 

i just looked and yeah, thats cool i havent seen one of those on the forum do you have a build thread with lots of pics ide like to see how its put together. i read its FG style but cant tell with the body on. 

Good luck man bring us lots of updates and pictures please. 

Edited by RCbutcher

I bought it second hand 2 month ago already built up but my plan now is to strip her and give it a good going over! I will take pictures but don't know how to upload em on here yet?

Question? Would it be a good idea to use lock tight on the bolts when I rebuild it?

• Like 1

if you cannot find parts for the kmx1 . look for  hurrax   parts. as that's wot it is a clone off

locktite metal to metal fixings. metal screw into plastic threads doesnt need loctite just to be sure you know. You can buy a big bottle of blue loctite on ebay rather than a small tube or loctite branded stuff. Ive been using the same bottle for 2yrs now and its really strong use too much and you'll be drilling the screw out lol. 

A43 threadlock 25ml

Edited by RCbutcher

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...