• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slightly confused with factory needle settings

RCAdam

I have messed around with the HSN a bit, and i want to start tuning again properly now I have learnt a bit more. Sound really stupid for asking this but how do I return the needle to stock setting? it's a HPI trophy 4.6 (i think this is the same as the Savage X 4.6 engine) and if anyone knows the factory needle settings that'd be great :) 

You got it,this will give you a good starting point-if it wont fire up at these settings adjust the LSN a little leaner/C/W until it does fire then go through your normal running in/tuning process.

Yoshimoto

Quick question... After I refuel a tank, do I need to reprime it?

If the tank has run dry-yes but try not to let this happen.If you have see through fuel line you should be able to see if there is still fuel up to the carb-in this case no you shouldnt need to re-prime but if the engine has has been standing for any length of time it may need repriming but experience will teach you this as every set-up is different.

Yoshimoto

Thanks, sorry for the tonne of questions. I've finished using it, recon almost at the good spot of tuning. I heard what almost sounded like an electric motor accelerating. What could it be?

Sorry for another one. When Turning the flywheel by hand, it ticks at tdc?

Edited by RCAdam

Havnt got a clue about the electric motor sound??? if you can give a better description of when the sound was heard and how you were using the model it may help but the ticking is probably the starting pin if your engine uses one.

Film it and post it up  :thumbsup:

Yoshimoto

• Like 1