• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Teshi's Kazama S15 Time Attack Build

teshi

Its been FAR too long since my last bodyshell build so time to get back into the swing of it!

Here she is. Decided to go for something a bit simpler in colour this time which was a bold move. Even more bold than cherry red for me...was going to be fully pearled then coated in white.

14908227474_80d8711ce0_c.jpg

Trimming this was a total dog since the trim lines were pretty feint. Ended up by accident denting the front arches but its the same on body sides, no biggie.

15528968442_55aca7861d_c.jpg

Looked insanely plain after a paint so dipped into my sticker sheets kept safe from previous builds. Fancied something a bit more mean and time attacky than others ive done

15506103726_2eff1c688c_c.jpg

Ran body line tape down first followed by the sun strip then all the window and light trims. Not sure if im going to run lights so I added a dark tint to the headlights

14908224274_6b531ec22a_c.jpg

Wasnt keen either on the flat stickers for the wipers so I "borrowed" the actual plastic wipers from my Laurel. Looks much better

14908226703_546e617e27_c.jpg

Next came my new training markers. To keep it in theme, same as the sun strip, wrapped in fresh white carbon wrap.

14908226613_407be79efa_c.jpg

Kind of the big update which I was really excited about. More stickers, window netter, added some canards and played more with the ride height. Needed to place the stickers better on the front bumper which is on my to do list

15342614980_c05303a3a1_c.jpg

15342602317_8029f4c07b_c.jpg

Need to remove that bubble on the headlight >_<

15342615670_2aa09447ce_c.jpg

Heres a better shot of the netting I made for the hell of it

15342602257_82f2dca8b2_c.jpg

Finally kind of the last bit im working on. Front splitter! Made using 1mm Plasticard and its going well. Just need to think of a way of adding it on so its flush yet removable so glue is off the cards for now. Hopefully have a better idea in a day or so

14908229493_aea4ff10f9_c.jpg

Hopefully I get some time to run it soon. Pains me to see a fresh shell not out on track. Need to finish off the wing which is missing since I have yet to collect it >_<

Edited by teshi

Very nice mate looks clean as always. for the splitter ide glue tabs on the inside and use m2.5 screws and nuts so its removable. it wouldnt be visible on the outside either.

The front cone is ace who makes these shells?

Very nice mate looks clean as always. for the splitter ide glue tabs on the inside and use m2.5 screws and nuts so its removable. it wouldnt be visible on the outside either.

The front cone is ace who makes these shells?

I did try the tabs idea and using double sided foam to stick it all together but was too spongey. Tape might work but not consider screws and nuts. May be worth thinking about but with the habit of running alongside others and curbs, the front end always takes a beating so can see it becoming weak there. Maybe im wrong and being too safe >_< Ill look into that.

Kazama Auto used to make this shell direct and was very rare since it had to be imported but now MST sell em direct and for a fraction of what they used to cost! ^_^ http://www.soulrc.com/mst-s15-d1-bodyshell-200mm-1822.html

Like that. Love the attention to detail.

How hard to make the net?

Steve

not hard to be honest just need patience. I just superglued it all together. :-) Edited by teshi

Nice build man, same shell and colour as mine :) I have the same fold=bent wing but mine was like that out of the packet, its my first shell so just gonna run with it. I like the look of the TC disk wheel on the front.

I am after some extra bits for mine, I like those canards and the spoiler, where do you get this stuff from?

Nice build man, same shell and colour as mine :) I have the same fold=bent wing but mine was like that out of the packet, its my first shell so just gonna run with it. I like the look of the TC disk wheel on the front.

I am after some extra bits for mine, I like those canards and the spoiler, where do you get this stuff from?

ah I'm not the only one. I've cheated and lined the weak spots with aluminium tape. :-)

As for the aero, most of it I made myself but the canards I'm using are from my old old old Yokomo BMW shell. They are a little too curved even for this shell so I've had to really press em on. I can try and make some for ya. Won't be hard.

Cool, What do you make them from?

0.7-1.0mm plasticard works well. DVD cases work well for larger bits but not canards since it's too thick and stiff.

Yeah it's good for a lot of bits. Just use a nice sharp blade. I'll get some snaps tomorrow, my team mate has chopped the rear bumper and added a time attack diffuser

Duck tail spoiler, 1st attempt. Looks better than it did before but it'd far from perfect, how did you mount the canards on the front bumper? c1b4cfb5ca9f1f05a9c924445c44b83c.jpg

nice job. Still think it needs a massive wing.

The canards came in like an L shape curved to hug the bumper. I'll take a photo tomorrow:-) hopefully have the wing and splitter all on tomorrow