• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Starter box battery

Sharkfat78

Using a 14.8v lipo transformed mine. With a 12v lead acid it struggled to turnover my LOSI 8, Lipo makes it easy. Well worth the cash.

Do you warm your engine before starting?

Warming it up made no difference to mine to be honest. Lead acid battery still didn't overcome the compression. Turnigy lipo spins it over no problem. Paid about

• Like 1

Anthoop. Without even knowing me you assume I cant line up a starter box properly. I am only passing on my experience to the guy who started the thread. Also Lipo is way lighter, makes the box much easier to carry around.

Anthoop. Without even knowing me you assume I cant line up a starter box properly. I am only passing on my experience to the guy who started the thread. Also Lipo is way lighter, makes the box much easier to carry around.

Not for a moment did I assume you were doing something wrong, I too am just giving my experience......

The 12v works fine for me providing I use it correctly, if I use it incorrectly then it is not fine...for you the story is different...I am surprised. That is all.

• 6 months later...

Hi all. Instead of lugging around a 12v car battery for my starter box, I'd like to get a LAS battery to install in the box. Would a 3Ah battery do the job please? Or do I need to go the whole 7Ah way. Extra weight, and cost.

i use the huge ass heavy 12v battery ... its great and it works but can definitely say it can be a pain to carry along with everything else(normally get someone else to carry it :naughty: ).