• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Do road wheels not come in the same size as off road

turtletom100

I am looking for some on road wheels for my carnage but can't find any that are the same dimensions.

I currently just have the stock wheels which are these:

400768816419 and they are 115mm by 55mm wide

the on road ones seem to be a bit skinnier. This may be a stupid question.

Check out the Proline range.

I got a set of Phaltline road tires mounted on 8 spoke 3.8 chromies for my 4.6 Trophy Truggy.

They're as big and wide as my Badlands mounted on 3.8 Desperados.

The road tires/wheels I mentioned did come pre-mounted but not the Badlands. Yes these are way to big for your car, but the answer to your question turtletom is you can get road tires/wheels of a similar size and/or width.

Seek and ye shall find - 99% of the time anyway :yes:

The road tires/wheels I mentioned did come pre-mounted but not the Badlands. Yes these are way to big for your car, but the answer to your question turtletom is you can get road tires/wheels of a similar size and/or width.

Seek and ye shall find - 99% of the time anyway :yes:

Cheers for replying I will have another look on ebay. Definitely looking for some already complete no gluing as this sounds like something to go wrong for me lol

For your carnage all of the above wheels/tyres are wayyy too big, you need 2.2 truck wheels/tyres with a 12mm hex, or for a low profile look then some 2.8 truck wheels/tyres off the proline/traxxas range (also with 12mm hex)

Have you got an eBay item number to these preferably the non low profile. I don't know what the difference would be in low profile and normal. Just know the carnage ones don't hold much round corners in road 5 hey start to slide