• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new to petrol rc and have a few questions/problems

kevfairish

Hi all, I am new to petrol rc and have just bought a second hand rc car off ebay.

I have put normal batteries in the remote and receiver and they are not working, does it need to run on rechargeable batteries.

It has a small amount of fuel in the tank but I am not sure how long it has been there, should I empty the tank before I refuel??

thanks for any advice

Nitro or petrol? You posted in a nitro section stating you have brought a petrol rc. I would assume you meant nitro but I can't be sure

Nitro or petrol? You posted in a nitro section stating you have brought a petrol rc. I would assume you meant nitro but I can't be sure

Yes it should work on normal batteries and yes you should empty out the tank first just in case it is old

in lame mans terms its the process you do that allows the transmitter and receiver to recognize each other.

easy process to do and worth doing case incase. if you can post some pictures of the radio and the car, it may help in yelling you what can and should be done ;)

i regards to the fuel, if its nitro then you don't want to use the old fuel in any shape or form, put some fresh in (half full) close lid and splash it around abit, then just tip it upside down to empty.

nitro exaporates even in the tank, result being it leave the oil behind which can and does clog up your carb and sometime the engine (past experience)

• Like 1