• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Woohoo..!

vectra

Looks like I got screwed.. :helpsmilie:

Still hasnt arrived to me..:(

Posted in Germany on the 2-12-06

I tracked it via the trackin number I got.. Now it seems to mysteriously dissapeared from the universe and nobody in DHL or Deutsche Post can locate it..

Excuses are no good to me at this stage.. :angry:

Who was the haulier for it at the time it disappeared? If it was DHL, get on to them and threaten them with legal action...they would have signed for it at the time of collection so the responsibility falls at their door! :angry:

did you check his/her feedback at the time? i know it is 100% positive but he/she actually bought it for £282.15 or something, it was like 415 euro's, so they should have it.

IMO you shouldn't buy stuff from abroad unless they have a high feedback score.

hope you get it, good luck

To be honest something that large and expensive should have been sent by a trackable means (which it seems to have been) and by a method that offers insurance for at least the amount you paid.

If you have a tracking number and it doesn't show as being signed for by anyone in the UK/Eire then DHL HAVE to do something about it.

Also,there is a possibility it has been sent to the UK first and then on to Ireland,if that is so then maybe it is just taking a long time due to Xmas.

• 3 months later...

OK,

DHL finally put their hands up and admitted they "Lost it" :angry:

Now they say that the sender never insured it so they are not libale for a full refund. They now are going to refund the postage costs along with a % of the value of the item which amounts to €148... :confused:

Bloody DHL..!!

NEVER USE THEM I SAY...!!! :whistling:

That's a bummer.

An expensive lesson; ALWAYS pay extra for insured shipping!

It's not just DHL. I used to drive the trunk run from Tyneside to Kidderminster for another huge parcel company every night. We used to stop and collect at M1 J28 every night, and one time the depot themselves had called in the police who were waiting when I arrived that night. They checked me & my trailerload of stuff out afgainst the manifest and let me go. Later I discovered that they'd arrested a local delivery driver for theft; he was collecting the parcels and logging them in but somehow the valuable ones weren't making it onto the trailer!

B)-->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Mar 29 2007, 04:40 PM)
That sucks mate, my school bus driver got arrested this morning for stealing the bus fares, weird eh?

rofl

That cheered me up.. :good:

:D