• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HemiStorm Addict 2014 HPI Baja bodyshell

HemiStorm

finished pics:

DSC08651.jpg

DSC08652.jpg

DSC08653.jpg

DSC08654.jpg

DSC08655.jpg

could have done with alittle more red on it but it works in with what i had inmind as is and will serve what i want it too so i'm happy

final thoughts and opinion to follow

Edited by Thunderwolf
  • Like 2

some A hole on facebook saying i should have got an uber rc wrap for it (yea, because uber are so good at making stuff).

while we are on this subject, who the hell cares what it looks like? when i get the girl finished the shell will spend the rest of its life span covered in mud, grass, dust and all other manners of junk because i NEVER clean my shells, hell the jon miller shell i stopped using 3/4 years ago is still covered in dirt lol

Stuff what people on facebook say painting is hard same as anything creative we always picture something amazing and usually our own worst critics. I bet even hemi could point out mistakes on shells but if he doesn't nobody would notice them.

I think the brushed bit is very good i should show you some static models i painted lol. Serously bad i doubt i could give them away and already threw away afew. But the vipers i dunno i cant throw them because of the effort i put into them but you can see every brush stroke and the odd bristle stuck. I was extra proud of the old viper cos i had to mix paint and very nearly matched the blue i needed. The interiors well i could pretend my toddler did them but it was me lol.

Im starting light clusters soon if tests go well pods are

I think it looks great, nice choice of colours and well finished. Far better than anything I could produce. I still can't get paint to stick, despite scouring the shell first, it still manages to get chipped!

I think it looks great, nice choice of colours and well finished. Far better than anything I could produce. I still can't get paint to stick, despite scouring the shell first, it still manages to get chipped!

never done the keying of the shell before.

which in hindsight i should have done here as it may have stuck better for the lines, than, or found some thicker paint

Cutting my own paint masks....this is a decision made after discovering a roll of masking film I thought was packed up...will be scouring t'interweb later for designs to print and cut out...need something transitional between colors.