• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HemiStorm Addict 2014 HPI Baja bodyshell

HemiStorm

Nice comments Hemi, and you're right TW, I only approach fitting from a bl perspective.

We don't run light pods either, because they restrict insertion and removal of lipos, especially with my big hands; got fed up with returning from a bash with cuts to the back of my hands just from changing packs.

I'd agree a simple paint scheme is better, we're still undecided on colour tho!

I'll be making up some interior chassis plates (Debs is stock, not IRC chassis) so knocking up extras for gap coverage isn't an issue, may just use some fine wire mesh...

i'm alittle stuck on what to do about the side pods, specifically the parts were hemi has them meshed, not sure i can cut it out with out making it like like the texas chainsaw massacre on steroids or if i should just paint them a single colour and figure it out another time or just paintin them black like the background....blah...i dunno.

not sure what i can do with the roof plate either, one colour sounds boring.

Try Hemi's mesh paint idea on some old plasti, then apply skills learned to shell?

The ridges in the roof should be highlighted, IMO, liquid mask and careful application/trimming :)

nah i tihnk i'm going to paint them one colour for now, then in the interest of cooling i'll cut them out and stick for fine mesh on there at a later time

i had the same thought, was trying to think of something abit more interesting but i can't think of anything right now

Very cool ideas for paint!

But for the love of god, please put some light pods on it. ;)

sorry but i have to draw the line when it comes to the light pods, there is no way i'm putting them thing on my car again lol

hell i'm not even sure i want to have the side pods of the shell on after running without for so long.

Prep H cream is sooooooo last year, the gel is what everyone is using these days!

Thought: time spent waffling on this thread/forum could have seen the shell painted....

Procrastinating FTW!!

Edited by Noj

Procrastination indeed!

Tbh, I just keep popping in to see if anyone's done any painting. Sadly not.

you say that but i've been looking around of various websites for painted pics of this shell (other than the one hemi has done) to see what other people have done

1 hour later, i'm yet to find a single one...actually not seen any others pics of the clear shell or a comment form someone saying they have one...or even bought one... it enough to make one thing me and noj have the only shells in the world...or that i suck at finding things. either or

you say that but i've been looking around of various websites for painted pics of this shell (other than the one hemi has done) to see what other people have done1 hour later, i'm yet to find a single one...actually not seen any others pics of the clear shell or a comment form someone saying they have one...or even bought one... it enough to make one thing me and noj have the only shells in the world...or that i suck at finding things. either or

The rest of them are on their way, had some tremendous shipping issues to the United States. Jason was in fact the first of my distributors to receive them.

The rest of them are on their way, had some tremendous shipping issues to the United States. Jason was in fact the first of my distributors to receive them.

that certainly explains why the US baja owners aren't showing off theirs but i would have tohught there would have been some form the UK other than myself and Noj you bought the shell, unless you only sent him 2 of them :lol:

There are more out, but not everyone is on forums.

very true, i'm just alittle surprised that given how many people i know with bajas, or at least noticed, that none of them have this shell

now i'm going to rub in the americans faces on facebook alittle bit because i've not been in this possition before and want to make the most of it.

Hurrah for MSUK!

We have a choice....white and blue, but NOT a copy of the original design. I shall procure some PS tomorrow before heading to Asda...because my life is that fun packed!

well its about time.

actually not bad, you are doing a fairly light colour set and i'm doing a rather dark colour set (mostly black and red) so between the 2 of us we should be able to show of the lines of the shell off fairly well.

assuming you get some paint down sometime this year...

• Like 1

Now we have a choice, I'm on it before it changes! Have masking products and hairdryer, just need my obligatory 6 cans of paint and I'm away ;)

Please rub the sceptic's noses in it on my behalf, cheers :)

white and pink wasn't a choice?

could always do white and a dark green, or brown, or grey, or you could go all out and paint it black and cover it in rhinestones of varying colours.

also my plan of showing off has kinda back fired, they love it so far...and it not even painted yet lol