• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja idle problems

cizardev

Just recently bought a used km 2.0,had problems starting it as it was way too rich!

Once that was sorted i got it running and got a tank through it, idle was high since the linkage was set up wrong and at the top end it stutters. Ive been trying to correct the idle speed but cannot get it to idle on the idle screw even all the way in!

Any help would be appreciated!

You don't use the idle screw, screw the LSN in to increase the idle. Only do it 1/8 at a time though. The idle screw is helpful but ultimately useless compaired to the LSN.

Thanks for the reply! will try it after work and I have the pullstart fitted.

Any ideas on why it was stuttering? if it was a nitro i would of said it was lean, didn't seem to rev to its full potential?

Yeah it could be slightly lean or you could have a air leak somewhere.

Alternatively you may have got a KM with the clone carb, which is terrible. The way to tell is from the screw side look at the bottom of the carb, if its genuine it will have the world Walbro stamped onto it. Otherwise it could be the KM version which will be the cause of your tuning issues.