• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need some help with race spec truggy & engine

Pomsteroonie

Hi all

My brushless Hyper ST basher is now finished and I want a Nitro for racing.

Looking at the Losi 8eight 3.0 truggy but need to know what race spec engine I should go for?

What should I be looking at and how much should I spend, was thinking around 200-250 for something like an OSmax .28

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

28 will more than likely be to thirsty for racing matey, everyone runs 21 in the truggys. Os are great engines as are novarossi, alpha ,Bullitt and rb.

Choice is yours , Head on over to maxbashing and get one or two ideas from there , the lads on there all race.

If you are just getting into racing then look at alpha engines, they can be supplied in a box set complete with clutch, clutch bell, flywheel and pipe. They are good value for money.

I run an RB blast V15 engine and its a cracker. As fast as most novas, plenty of go in it, good on fuel doing 10 min runs if you are steady with the throttle. It has been faultless. Will hold a tune all day, in fact I havent needed to touch the needles for 3 meetings now. It will also happily sit on the spot ticking over all day long if you wanted it to! Answer rc are the suppliers and with a pipe I think they are about

If you are just getting into racing then look at alpha engines, they can be supplied in a box set complete with clutch, clutch bell, flywheel and pipe. They are good value for money.

I run an RB blast V15 engine and its a cracker. As fast as most novas, plenty of go in it, good on fuel doing 10 min runs if you are steady with the throttle. It has been faultless. Will hold a tune all day, in fact I havent needed to touch the needles for 3 meetings now. It will also happily sit on the spot ticking over all day long if you wanted it to! Answer rc are the suppliers and with a pipe I think they are about

Edited by sean-vrs