• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Battery tray mounting advice for Hyper 7

optimus

I will be using 2x 2s lipo's in the hyper but I have just found out that 1) the battery straps that come with the conversion kit are too short and 2) the batteries come into contact with the bodyshell when the shell is fitted.

Can you advise where to get straps bong enough to wrap around 2x 2s used as a 4s?

Also, any ideas for mounting the lipo's so that hey don't contact the shell? I'm trying to keep the weight centralised so I'd like to avoid mounting on the plastic side guards that attach to the chassis.

B5FF90DB-DC70-4B12-8718-36D059302422.jpg

What would be good fix is if the mounting posts for the fairing could be raised by 2mm or so but unfortunately they are non-adjustable...

Edited by optimus

You'll find that battery tray is too close to the cog on the centre diff, itll rip a nice hole in the battery tray, closely followed by the battery.

And i just doubled up battery straps in a daisy chain to go around both batteries, side by side in the tray.

You can get 4 s's that will fit, approx 5000mah.

if your still in need of straps, hobbyking do turnigy ones which arent actually velcro, but are velcro, which are plenty long enough and strong enough

300mm long should be plenty, it's what I use on up to 6s with no problems

Thanks, I think 300mm will work current ones are 200mm so the extra 10 should do it.