• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GMade R1 Leaking Shocks

HarveyC

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but when I assembled the shocks on my recently acquired kit, they leaked badly arround the shock caps. I've fixed the problem by unscrewing the caps, wrapping several turns of doubled up ptfe plumbers tape around the threads and then screwing them back in.

Harvey 

The leak was between that cap and the shock body, not around the shaft (which has the normal twin O ring arrangement) and there is no O ring or other formal seal in this area, they just rely upon the tighness of the screw tread to keep the oil in and it does not work.

H

guessing these are the g-transition shocks??

if so its a common problem for them to leak where the cap screws into the body of the shock, did with mine only on one though strangely.....

if the ptfe trick has worked then all is well if not try fusion hobbies as there a uk distributor for junfac, they may sell the caps seperately, the threads are weak on them causing them to strip and leak.

hope this helps......