• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Silenced DDM clone pipe?

Bigjimknickers

It's just an extension, so realistically you could purchase a dominator clone, then the actual silencer. 

Why though, is a different question...

Edited by Exos

This; http://www.davesmotors.com/ddm-dominator-pipe-silencer.html

Ignore their reference picture, it still fits yours.

You just need some silicone hose to go from the end of your pipe to the silencer.

To be honest, it dulls down the note, but as far as I've found, they don't really quieten it down.

I've actually run one before, and my Mum could still hear me in the quarry from my house, she said it just wasn't as high pitched.

Samba is quiter that a stock can imo

Its no louder than one anyway.

I liked my v2(still have it) but because the bzm has a bigger exhaust outlet it restricted the engine.

2 or 3 people I run with have a dom with a ddm silencer and they are not mega loud... but the same tone as the samba so not annoying loud.

its just the design. Its a good mid-top end pipe.

I got it as I was going to go to nene valley track with the baja, so I knew I would not upset anyone/be slow on a stock can.

I now have a big engine so I suppose I dont need need it...

Edited by (-:AD:-)

Not at the moment mate no.

No doubt change before too long though.

I have a love/hate relationship with 2 strokes, but oh well, it's only my own wallet I hurt, nobody elses lol.

Same here, had a KM, sold it as I moved & it was in the way, lost money on it, now I can buy again, now it has a nice secure warm shed to live in.

I'm warming to 001C at the moment, I had 30cc so not sure of going down to 23cc.

Just need to sell a few cars an I'm ready!!

Thor pipe ftw!

Same here, had a KM, sold it as I moved & it was in the way, lost money on it, now I can buy again, now it has a nice secure warm shed to live in.

I'm warming to 001C at the moment, I had 30cc so not sure of going down to 23cc.

Just need to sell a few cars an I'm ready!!

Thor pipe ftw!

I've had from 23cc to 30.5cc and to be honest, a 23/26cc suited me best, on an open flat field they rev to the moon and back, I was pulling 21,280rpm with my 23cc stocker.

If you want more torque than flat out speed, you want something more 29/30.5cc :)

Has anyone used dlmdr tuning before? The engine I have has had light port polishing on it its a mix mash of engine tho cy bottom , km fly and ? Top head ill presume km with clone dom pipe its an fg truck tho not baja. The guy said it's real loud im hoping to start it this weekend. I dont think a silencer would look good pointing right on to the grass lol.