• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Running into some issues with my Car and motor

bobthemac

I am experiencing some quite bad issues with my RC car and it accelerating and reversing by itself. I have tried to troubleshoot the issue and got know where. Here is what I know so far the car is accelerating to full throttle when I just put my finger on the throttle and not move it at all this doesn't happen all the time and looking at my hand when I do it the trigger hardly moves. The steering seems to work fine and if I switch the wires round on my receiver and use the steering wheel to  apply throttle it works perfectly. I am thinking it is one of three things causing the issue it is either the RAGE ESC that is a few weeks old as it the motor. The transmitter that is a few years old and was used a few times, I have no idea of the make I was handed it by the shop owner saying that will work no box, instructions nothing. Then the receiver this came with my transmitter as that will work with it apparently according to the guy in the shop it had no instruction of box either. They run in the 2.4GHz range. Has anyone experienced this issue before this is currently making a very expensive paper weight as it is unusable in it entire state.

Things like this have happened before and is the reason why I got rid of my nitro engine and converted to electric.

I'm guess as you have no instructions that you have no calibrated the esc to your tx? So that's more than Likely the problem. Do you have a link to the esc??

I'm guess as you have no instructions that you have no calibrated the esc to your tx? So that's more than Likely the problem. Do you have a link to the esc??

It's the transmitter and receiver  that I have no instructions for the esc has instructions that I have followed.

Ok, so what brand/random make of tx/Rx is it?

I wonder if it has been calibrated with incorrectly set end points/trims, which could cause the symptoms you describe.

I think I was the transmitter he wanted a picture of. Try moving your throttle trim as that might be the issue. If its not the ESC as it worked using the wheel it has to be a throttle issue. Try what I said above as that's the only thing I think it could be.

The throttle trim is fine I have checked in over and over and it is in the right position. Not too little so it takes load of pressure to get a response and no too much so it runs constantly.

Edited by bobthemac

Moving the endpoints just seem to turn the speed down that's all tried moving them all bit by bit one at a time and together but same issue just keeps occurring.  Also found that using the trigger for steering works fine with no issues. When I say it has not got wet just tried taking the batteries out and putting them in again and I have some greasy watery substance on the battery bay but that is not connected to anything as you can take it out. 

Looks like I might need a new one don't really want to spend that much but don't want a piece of tat either what would people suggest.

Edited by bobthemac

Right, well, if you have reset trim/epa to factory default, recalibrated with the ESC and are still experiencing the same problem, then the TX is the likely issue and needs replacing.

Ideally, you should try that tx/Rx on a different ESC, and a different tx/Rx on the Rage, to be 100% certain the issue lies with the tx alone...is that possible?

Just bought a new radio thanks for you help guys I am going to cross my fingers that it works spend a bit more than I wanted but it has nothing other than good reviews its a Carson Reflex Pro 2 with FHSS seemed to have nothing but good reviews so went for it be nice to get a radio with instructions. 

Sorted the issue like a dream it now works even better than before looks like this might have been the issue with my nitro engine revving on it's own and why I swiched to electric. The manual is nice to have also I know how things work really nice.