• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dead motor?

JBowers270

Hi. Got a new rtr hyper tt recently, 13 turn brushed motor. Took it out tonight and hit a curb head on. Car initially drove away for a few feet later slowed and stopped.

From a few initial checks it seems the motor has completely stopped working. Drive train etc all looks fine and motor will turn with the wheels so nothing looks jammed.

Any thoughts as to what's happened? Can you kill a motor like that? And if so is it rescue able?

Planned on moving to bl at some point so no great loss but would like to understand what/why if possible! Cheers

That's what i thought but battery was still about 95% charged and even tried connecting straight to motor to eliminate other electrics and still nothing.

As I mentioned motor turns fine by hand or by pushing wheels

Edited by JBowers270

Checked the motor today and its definitely caput. Took it out and with some assistance got it going in reverse (took a bit of a spin to start it off and it was slow before recovering), nothing going forwards though and when I put it in reverse again it started to crackle and smoke :-(

Any thoughts? Is it worth enquiring about warranty? (only issue there would be that I bent the end of the shaft getting the glued pinion off)