• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South West Indoor RC - and the *SATURDAY SUMMER RACE DAYS*

MattyV6

But I think Matt still wants a Vintage class

Yes, definitely... I think he wants to run 2wd, vintage and micro.

There are a few of us already keen on the vintage class, just some are waiting for re-re kits to arrive/get built, and others are hunting down vintage cars on ebay...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm more interested in getting a vintage class chassis ready at the moment.. but when you start looking at these things, you want one of each!! :)

Then I think back to my crazy 8000kv Losi Mini-T all those years ago, with its 1/10 buggy wing, and cringe :D What fun, in a strange, never drove with the front wheels down, kind of way ;)

• Like 1

They all sound fun but only so many hours in one evening!

Yep :( time spoils everything :(

The intervals between each race we set at 12 mins last week for a good part of the night so that eat into a lot of the race time so everything got pushed back really late but they will be set at 5 mins for this week and i've now got a mic and some speakers in the pits so can shout at everyone to get a move on :P

This week should run more smoothly with regards to the actual time we start the heats and rounds so we will work out where to fit the Vintage class in. Will probably run the Micro's in with the Vintage to start with but treat them as separate classes in the same class if you kind of get me lol? Just to work things out over the next few weeks.

I've also been speaking to Barry (Belms) about trying to work out the running order if people are entering more than 1 class so we could put this into practice this week :)

Bought this on here was near new, then sold it.

B52C71F0-BF65-4EC5-970F-7BC5D2C41C47_zps

Why did you ever sell it!! Thats just awesome!! I'm on the lookout for one of these or a mini 8. I know they arent to every ones taste but they are really good fun :)

Its a shame you don't still have this jonny! Jonathan May has one and its so quick. I need to get one too! 

Yes, definitely... I think he wants to run 2wd, vintage and micro.

There are a few of us already keen on the vintage class, just some are waiting for re-re kits to arrive/get built, and others are hunting down vintage cars on ebay...

In my head it sounds like a brilliant idea but in reality i will need to choose just 2 out of the 3. Its just not possible otherwise :(

I'm very keen on the vintage. This and the fast 10th's.

I just cant wait to get on the rostrum with a vintage. I can close my eyes and pretend i'm back in 1994 and a kid again :)

I'm more interested in getting a vintage class chassis ready at the moment.. but when you start looking at these things, you want one of each!! :)

Then I think back to my crazy 8000kv Losi Mini-T all those years ago, with its 1/10 buggy wing, and cringe :D What fun, in a strange, never drove with the front wheels down, kind of way ;)

My point exactly!! Its so hard to pick a class and stick to it lol!!

I've tried to be as flexable as possible with the track and open up as many options for cars as possible but its now becoming so hard to choose lol.

I've got to get a mini 8 or similar. Jonathan May's flying round the other week was just awesome to watch!

Edited by MattyV6
  • Like 1

Ok i've just bought a Losi mini 8 to get the ball rolling. All ive got to do with this is fit my receiver. Its got a few hop ups etc etc.

I've also bought a KF for the 2wd buggy class but i need to sort the electrics for this. None of my 8th scale stuff fits :( :(

I'm bidding on something vintage but i missed a perfect re re Gold Tub the other day :(

So i will have 2 cars for next week, nothing for tonight but 1 will be fully running come next Thursday :)

Edited by MattyV6
  • Like 1

Another great evenings racing last night, with some great 1/10 buggy racing and the start of a mixed vintage/micro class. Looking forward to next week!

Every week there's been tweaks to the track/layout, and it has a really smooth flow now with plenty of challenging parts IMO :)

Another great evenings racing last night, with some great 1/10 buggy racing and the start of a mixed vintage/micro class. Looking forward to next week!

Every week there's been tweaks to the track/layout, and it has a really smooth flow now with plenty of challenging parts IMO :)

Glad all is working out, are you getting more people turn up now??

Glad all is working out, are you getting more people turn up now??

The last 2 weeks there's been 3 groups running, one of them this week was the vintage/micro :)

Few little set-up changes to the car this week, shocks rebuilt, can't wait to go racing :)

Who's going this Thursday? For anyone in Cornwall/South & West Devon, its super easy to get to, just off the A38. Just the ticket when the rain is this bad.. :)

Finally got round to soldering the esc connections on the 22 and powered it up for the first time, followed by some gentle runs in the house to fine tune the diff and slipper settings.

Turns out i was way too slack on the diff and a smidge too tight on the slipper. Once i'd got that right it wheelied down the hallway lol.

Will be giving it a proper run on the local astro pitch to open her up.

Won't be up with you guys to give it it's first outing this week as my new car won't be reay til Friday. Instead i'm taking it to St Pirans Raceway near Falmouth this Sunday for it's first track session if any of you are heading there this weekend.

Few little set-up changes to the car this week, shocks rebuilt, can't wait to go racing :)

Who's going this Thursday? For anyone in Cornwall/South & West Devon, its super easy to get to, just off the A38. Just the ticket when the rain is this bad.. :)

I've got the steering/toe and radio gear sorted now, so I'll be there :D

Am I missing something as I can't do it!

The stars next to the values on each item only indicate the default settings for that item. It's simply a case of moving the value of each item to where you want, then moving on the the next.

Really should have come with instructions though tbh.

I've got the steering/toe and radio gear sorted now, so I'll be there :D

I've got some vintage competition for you tonight :D

Did you figure out what was going on with the radio last week then? It was almost like it had lost the binding to the Tx.

I've got some vintage competition for you tonight :D

Did you figure out what was going on with the radio last week then? It was almost like it had lost the binding to the Tx.

It was a fancy new radio set with screen etc. I don't think it was set up properly. I've spent some time setting it up and it works fine every time now :D

Hey, sounds great! What have you got? A re-re or ebay find? :)

• Like 1

It was a fancy new radio set with screen etc. I don't think it was set up properly. I've spent some time setting it up and it works fine every time now :D

Hey, sounds great! What have you got? A re-re or ebay find? :)

I've rebuilt my RC10 T2 and fixed most of the niggling problems it had so bringing that with me tonight, still waiting for a nice buggy to pop up :) I'm sure it'll be a good laugh, ribbed tyres on carpet! :)

I've rebuilt my RC10 T2 and fixed most of the niggling problems it had so bringing that with me tonight, still waiting for a nice buggy to pop up :) I'm sure it'll be a good laugh, ribbed tyres on carpet! :)

Awesome :D Rowan will be racing the Hornet, which has ribbed tyres too! Looking forward to seeing the T2 this evening :)

• Like 1