• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South West Indoor RC - and the *SATURDAY SUMMER RACE DAYS*

MattyV6

Foams will be fine, if we stick to either foams, mini pins or any other carpet targeted tire, That will be okay.

Oh and Matt is in Watford or somewhere near london at the moment so he may not be around,

some photos are on the facebook page or on my facebook.

-Josh

Edited by 36racing
  • Like 1

Sorrrrrryyyyyy guys i've not on purpose neglected this thread its just been a bit of a mission fitting everything in but not the mad rush is over i've got some more time to sit down and reply :)

I will get the pictures i have on my phone uploaded and my mrs also took some pictures so i will get them uploaded too :)

If anyone else took any pictures or vids then upload them too. Ive also got the timing sheets to upload later :)

I've got a PA system thats going in before Thursday so there will be 2 speakers in the pit are and 2 in the main track area that will give the updates straight to the pits. It can also be connected to a mic.

My question is, how does everyone feel about in race commentary over a mic and through the speakers? Like what you would have in football or with formula 1 if watching on the tv? The timing gear is very accurate and could be used to give out live info over the speakers during the race, like how many seconds ahead 1st place is and if say 3rd place is gaining on 2nd place? Ive seen it done at a few tracks and it works well. The option is there to use if we wanted it?

The first race night was a brilliant turnout and the night ran smoothly without a hiccup and the racing was just incredible to watch! It was far far faster than i ever imagined!!

Thank you to everyone to came, the 1st night was epic i'm sure the following weeks can only get better.

• Like 1

Well done pal I've been watching and it looks like you have made a fantastic start to what looks like will be a very successful club. And when I'm next down your way I will be bringing my cars to have a play. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Like Josh has said i think i will add this into the rules that the only tyres to use are either mini pins / spikes, foams OR carpet tyres of a different style for the rears. This keep everything fair and equal :). Fronts have a mixture of options but the favorite seems to be cut staggers. 

The mini pins Josh had in testing last week were worn but performed effortlessly, the worn tires seem to work just as well as the new ones due to the carpet offering so much grip so if you have a worn set bring them along you might get a few more weeks use out of them!

Barry i'm looking forward to seeing the RC10 vintage this week with the new rubber! Its going to be rapid!

Richard have you managed to replace/fix the rear shock tower dude?

Edited by MattyV6
  • Like 1

Like Josh has said i think i will add this into the rules that the only tyres to used are either mini pins / spikes, foams OR carpet tyres of a different style for the rears. This keeps everything fair and on a more equal level :)

The mini pins Josh had in testing last week were worn but performed effortlessly, the worn tires seem to work just as well as the new ones due to the carpet offering so much grip so if you have a worn set bring them along you might get a few more weeks use out of them!

Barry i'm looking forward to seeing the RC10 vintage this week with the new rubber! Its going to be rapid!

Richard have you managed to replace/fix the rear shock tower dude?

All ready for this Thurs :)

After my mini spikes wear out I'll be swapping to mini pins/cut staggers. They look like they give much more consistent grip especially on the wooden boards. The carpet has a lot of grip to give that's for sure.

On my E-Firestorm I ran in the final, that was on stagger fronts/mini spike rear, and was really stable. Lot of tyre noise on the wooden bits though! :)

• Like 1

Well done pal I've been watching and it looks like you have made a fantastic start to what looks like will be a very successful club. And when I'm next down your way I will be bringing my cars to have a play. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks man this means a lot :). It went from just fixing a few things into a complete refit and has honestly been one of the hardest but enjoyable projects ive ever done and to see it all finally come together last Friday was just brilliant, i can not describe how good it felt to start the first race and have people racing, all the hours of swearing when nothing was going right lol was worth it! Fingers crossed it can only get better :)

Please do bring your cars with you and even if your down and its not a race night let me know and i will see if i can get a couple of the other racers along for a bit of a bash evening :) As long as you promise not to beat me hahaa

• Like 1

We have already been down for a few days this year but the mrs wants to come down again after we move house but well see. But when we do come down I will 100% let you know and see if I can coincide it with a race night. And don't worry about me beating you I'm rubbish.

• Like 1

Glad all went well, could not come over, once all my stuff turns up I will be coming.

Jonny come down when your ready dude. It will be good to get you down racing :)

What car do you have?

I'm still yet to get mine :/

All ready for this Thurs :)

After my mini spikes wear out I'll be swapping to mini pins/cut staggers. They look like they give much more consistent grip especially on the wooden boards. The carpet has a lot of grip to give that's for sure.

On my E-Firestorm I ran in the final, that was on stagger fronts/mini spike rear, and was really stable. Lot of tyre noise on the wooden bits though! :)

Ah nice so its all fixed then. What was it the shock tower or the shock itself?

Even the worn mini pins offer really good amounts of grip! Josh was and the chap Mark Field who was qualifying fastest was running on worn mini pins but doing extremely well :)

Haha i will have to try and get the Firestorm's tyre sequel on camera, it sounds like a proper car!!!

Carpet tyres for the RC10 Classic arrived this morning, but they sent 4wd front mini pins rather than rears :angrymad: However, on calling MS they were very helpful and will be sending the correct ones out today :D hopefully the wheels will arrive tomorrow too!

P.s. Vintage class discussion is getting busy on the SWIRC oOple sub-forum, go over have have a look and chime in with your tuppence worth, we're trying to come up with suitable class guidelines (motor limits etc)... not as easy as it sounds! :unsure:

Ah nice so its all fixed then. What was it the shock tower or the shock itself?

Even the worn mini pins offer really good amounts of grip! Josh was and the chap Mark Field who was qualifying fastest was running on worn mini pins but doing extremely well :)

Haha i will have to try and get the Firestorm's tyre sequel on camera, it sounds like a proper car!!!

It was a shock cap that snapped, everything else looks okay. Nothing serious thankfully.

I've never had a car (RC car!) make tyre squeal like that before, was pretty funny each lap! But then I was grinning at the wheelies down the straight every lap too! :)

It was a shock cap that snapped, everything else looks okay. Nothing serious thankfully.

I've never had a car (RC car!) make tyre squeal like that before, was pretty funny each lap! But then I was grinning at the wheelies down the straight every lap too! :)

Good to hear it was nothing serious. I'm going to bring the T4 this week, want to see if my tyres squeal too!! :D

Talking tyres, my RC10 carpet tyres arrived today (the right ones!), but still no wheels :( hopefully tomorrow...

Could be a last minute thing to get them mounted then :)

Thanks for finding the spring retainer last week Barry, didn't even notice it was missing to start with!

I'll bring the e-Firestorm again this week, so long as I don't break anything at Plymouth RC tonight :)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Yeah ive been practicing with the worn mini pins, probably actually had 20+ runs on them.

(Testing here and winning some finals at RHR@notters)

Your best bet is them on the rears (yellow schui mini pins, standard insert) and Schui cut stagger or stagger ribs in the front with no insert.

Got to test tyres for the rc10 class but I think because its so limited, we will have to wait a while before we make any decisions on control tires.

Matt may I remind you who was second to Mark...., it was extremely unfortunate.... I clealy blame the lack of sleep LOL....Not that im getting much for tonight.

RC10 is on its way, Need To fix my KF's diff again, Build The KR & RC10 and then I can chill!:D

Hope to see you all tonight then,should be even closer racing, even though I have put 100+ more laps in than you guys.... I need the advantage!

Seeya.

-Josh

• Like 1

Could be a last minute thing to get them mounted then :)

Thanks for finding the spring retainer last week Barry, didn't even notice it was missing to start with!

I'll bring the e-Firestorm again this week, so long as I don't break anything at Plymouth RC tonight :)

Yes, could be! Hoping they will arrive this morning...

No worries, I saw it fly off, but couldn't go get it until the end of the heat as I was still on my marshal post. Good to see you last night, I take it the e-firestorm was fine; just cleaning up the T4 now, don't want to get Plymouth dirt over Matt's nice clean carpet! :P

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Yeah ive been practicing with the worn mini pins, probably actually had 20+ runs on them.

(Testing here and winning some finals at RHR@notters)

Your best bet is them on the rears (yellow schui mini pins, standard insert) and Schui cut stagger or stagger ribs in the front with no insert.

Got to test tyres for the rc10 class but I think because its so limited, we will have to wait a while before we make any decisions on control tires.

Matt may I remind you who was second to Mark...., it was extremely unfortunate.... I clealy blame the lack of sleep LOL....Not that im getting much for tonight.

RC10 is on its way, Need To fix my KF's diff again, Build The KR & RC10 and then I can chill!:D

Hope to see you all tonight then,should be even closer racing, even though I have put 100+ more laps in than you guys.... I need the advantage!

Seeya.

-Josh

I'll let you know tonight how these new RC10 classic wheels fit... Should be ably to fit any standard 2.2" tyre.

And what do you mean? It's us 'old school' guys who need the advantage, lol!

That's one of the reasons I'm into the vintage class, the main buggy class is too fast for me!! :D:P

See ya later tonight, Barry

Edited by belms

No worries, I saw it fly off, but couldn't go get it until the end of the heat as I was still on my marshal post. Good to see you last night, I take it the e-firestorm was fine; just cleaning up the T4 now, don't want to get Plymouth dirt over Matt's nice clean carpet! :P

The Firestorm was fine after last night - it was interesting racing against my own car when I gave it to Chris for a bit :D So its my Plan B again tonight :)

Everyone who can make it tonight - see you there!

Wheels arrived, JC Racing Products 5 spoke RC10 wheels, and they fit standard 2.2" tyres, including the Pro-Line carpet tyres!

14728758329_0b006b559e.jpg

RC10 with old school 5 spoke wheels and new Pro-Line carpet tyres 

Looking forward to trying them out tonight!! :good:

See you there! :D

• Like 1

Once again work has got in the way of my plans :( so can't get up there til next week.

Fingers crossed my pinions and lipos arrive tomorrow or Saturday as i'm planning on giving it a good shake down run at St Pirans Raceway on Sunday.

• Like 1

Was a good night last night. First run with the H2 and after a few laps started to get into it. First time running indoors on carpet and i have to say i enjoyed every minute  :thumbsup: 

Cheers Matt and Jonathan for a good night.

IMAG5057_BURST012_zpsqwm4vkdy.jpg

IMAG5056_BURST008_zpsnu1gtvj3.jpg
IMAG5053_BURST009_1_zpsweiz3bhx.jpg
IMAG5053_BURST007_1_zpsmrvppwlg.jpg
  • Like 1