• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

5sc flux

ts4n

OK, wrong mount, easily sorted through Dejan, he'll supply the correct one. On here he's under the name "megane".

Centre Diff; either strip the diff from the gearbox or get the bits needed to build one from scratch. You'll need a Hellfire 52 tooth spur, or settle for the Vorza 50 tooth.

Gearing; I'm still not decided, I'm waiting on a 22 tooth, I'll then be running 22/52. This I'm hoping will work well on 5s. At the moment I'm having to turn down my throttle end point to 60% to stop 5s overheating my ESC, that's on 25/52. With the XL2 you might be OK. I wouldn't even think of running 7 or 8s, you can't gear low enough for that.

Centre dogbones? Both stay stock.

Gearing is an issue as the lower you gear it, the closer the motor gets to the rear Centre drive-cup. So you're limited on gearing options, especially with a fat motor which you need in this car. We call that "being stuck between a rock and a hard place"! ;)

I bought the bits and pieces and built a new one, all standard Savvy parts, except the spur, that's a Hellfire 52 tooth spur. This means I still have the stock gearbox, just in case I want to retry using a 1/8 motor.

Yes it does. Well, i bought that from friend, and he have Savage. But ite seems i need to do some shopping with Dejan..

I just send mail to him, and i asked does he make a kit for me.

L

Edited by Mi Ka