• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What 1/5 scale should I get?

Chasman

Hi I'm looking at getting a 1/5 truck. Question is do I get the losi desert buggy xl and have cash spare to upgrade parts needed or do I go straight to the losi 5ive but have to keep it stock for a few months?? Basically my budget is

Personally.... I'm not a huge fan of the Losi. It's simply not what I want.

However...if it IS what you want, then buying something that's almost what you want but not quite is a waste of money. You will always end up thinking 'what if' while you try to save up another

• Like 2

I had a hpi 5b years ago but for what I'm running on it was abit hard to get going (loose gravel and rwd) was fun but I fancy having a go with a 4wd truck now. Don't need it bullet proof as I don't bash that hard but want something I can upgrade easily. The 5ive will be all my budget as I would get a killer bee fail safe before it's run etc where as the desert buggy is abit cheaper so leaves me with some cash for upgrades (exhaust, filter, clutch housing etc)

I had a hpi 5b years ago but for what I'm running on it was abit hard to get going (loose gravel and rwd) was fun but I fancy having a go with a 4wd truck now. Don't need it bullet proof as I don't bash that hard

The 5ive is virtually bullet proof out of the box anyway :)

I had a hpi 5b years ago but for what I'm running on it was abit hard to get going (loose gravel and rwd) was fun but I fancy having a go with a 4wd truck now. Don't need it bullet proof as I don't bash that hard but want something I can upgrade easily. The 5ive will be all my budget as I would get a killer bee fail safe before it's run etc where as the desert buggy is abit cheaper so leaves me with some cash for upgrades (exhaust, filter, clutch housing etc)

Save a few quid and buy a Switchblade :)

If the 5ive is still on offer on MS at

I would say the 5ive is the way for you. As the others have said having something not quite what you want will always be a waste. The stock one with a tuned pipe you really can't go wrong. IMO, I would say leave the losi tuned pipe, save the money for a bartalone big bore xp, yes it's double the money but for me it is worth it.

And great choice with the killswitch, wish most people would take the attitude that it's a necessity and not an option!