• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight-T arrived today

ninjagaiden

If i could find a roller or a kit i'd have one tomorrow but im just not willing to fork out on there crap electrics to just remove them and bin 'em 

Exactly, and sending them back to Losi only really makes them look at improving the next model, you still only get a replacement which nobody would buy and you're still stuck with the full bill for the thing plus the electrics.

I'd be half tempted to buy one straight away as well if it came as a roller, the one thing my Mini 8ight buggy lacked was ground clearance so this could be the ticket.

IF they release a roller or kit.

No mods for this 4 pole motor fitting in the m8t, some 28mm cans are not quite 28mm thats why I asked for the verniers measurements for the traxxas motor.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/810662-losi-mini-8ight-t-38.html

No mods for this 4 pole motor fitting in the m8t, some 28mm cans are not quite 28mm thats why I asked for the verniers measurements for the traxxas motor.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/810662-losi-mini-8ight-t-38.html

Yes. I had that motor on my list. The thing I would say about that one is that the lower kv means you'd need a slightly larger pinion, and there isn't a lot of room for lateral movement of the motor in the mount, so to gear this nicely you'd likely need to swap out the stock spur gear too.

However, you could run the XK2858 on 3S and make your AViCii work hard!

If the lc racing motor or leopard 2838 have the same diameter that need no mods to fit then I would choose one of those, both 4 pole the lc is 4500kv the leopard 5200kv I have both motors one in my emb and the other in my sons emb, I really need to measure them to get a better example if they will fit. I will still wait for a used one but worth knowing if these fit before purchase

If the lc racing motor or leopard 2838 have the same diameter that need no mods to fit then I would choose one of those, both 4 pole the lc is 4500kv the leopard 5200kv I have both motors one in my emb and the other in my sons emb, I really need to measure them to get a better example if they will fit. I will still wait for a used one but worth knowing if these fit before purchase

I intend to get a roller and have the chassis milled slightly and run the emb , might just see if I can squeeze it now thou after reading this ?

I will try get them measured tomorrow because I want to compare the exact diameter I think they would be the perfect choice for the m8t.

Do you have to cut out an actual hole from the chassis? Or is it just a bit of a groove? Just wondering what difference it will make to the strength of it, I mean they aren't exactly thick to begin with.

Shame Losi cheaped out on this really, because it looks great on the surface but would appear to be a bit of a fail in reality :/

Do you have to cut out an actual hole from the chassis? Or is it just a bit of a groove? Just wondering what difference it will make to the strength of it, I mean they aren't exactly thick to begin with.

Shame Losi cheaped out on this really, because it looks great on the surface but would appear to be a bit of a fail in reality :/

It's just a 1 mm thick grove that needs removing just like on the buggy so you can gain a proper mesh when using a larger can. As for strength I don't see it making any complications as traxxas chassis are plastic and look at the abuse they can take..So a 1mm groove or a section milled will make no difference to a truck weighing in under 3 lb.

Once I get mine and get it sorted I'll post up some pics and give it a good sound thrashing just to make sure all is well.. Won't be for a while thou

Ahh fair play if it's just a small groove needing cut out then, easily done with the Dremel, doesn't need to be majorly neat or perfect, you won't see it under the motor lol.

Think I'll still hold off until a nice second hander pops up or IF they take on what people are saying and offer it as a roller or even kit.

Stock gearing is 14T/62T on the M8T. You need to remove material from the area under the motor, which I did carefully with sandpaper as the dremel was a bit vicious.

Here are some pictures next to my EMB-1 which I have had fun building whilst watch Le Tour de Yorkshire!

_DSC0321.JPG

Top view. Sorry about messy wiring!

_DSC0322.JPG

When you look at these side by side, it is INSANE that the LC comes with a decent 28mm can, and the M8T comes with a 24mm can!!!

• Like 1

There's talk on other forums about having to shim the diffs as there is play, have you noticed this on yours?

Right I am going to go out on a limb now I recon the leopard 2838 will fit with no mods, I have just measured it with verniers and it measures 27.62mm, not had chance to do the lc racing motor but the leopard is a cracking motor in my emb

Si

Hi.  nice comparison :good:  can u do 1 comparing width too pls.?

+++++

ok,..

Q time if u don't mind.  :whistling:

Is the wheel base around 235mm or longer?

Also; do u know the  wheel offset?  and track width?

Right I am going to go out on a limb now I recon the leopard 2838 will fit with no mods, I have just measured it with verniers and it measures 27.62mm, not had chance to do the lc racing motor but the leopard is a cracking motor in my emb

Si

Isn't that lepoard motor a 2 pole thou ?.

Be very interesting to find the measurement of the emb motor ? So come on get cracking !!

Wouldn't it have been easier for Losi to have made a motor mount that slides in at an angle so that a larger motor fitted moves away from the chassis rather than staying level with it?

Has yours arrived yet fella ?

I'm not going to use the velineon I'm going to have a go with the emb motor first and a 60a quicrun esc .. Might get a spare chassis and have a go at grinding it down with a dremel stone I that comes out crap I'll get it milled ..