• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Aston Martin body shell

Anglesey Basher

hi all, I have just found an Aston Martin shell in the darkest recess of a cupboard.  it appears to be a db7 shape but is missing the spoiler (I bought the shell many years ago second hand and the spoiler was not supplied then)  it appears to be in almost unused condition.  my question is:  is this a shell worth keeping hold of as a shelf queen, selling to someone who might properly appreciate it or shall I use it as a bashing shell? all thoughts welcome :)

Any ideas what the shell might be off,or what model it can be used on? Or was it an after market shell that can be used on an electric or nitro model?

If it's a specific shell (Branded like Kyosho,Tamiya and HPI etc),it might hold a little more value (anything from

I had one of those on my TC3 but I sprayed mine silver. Unfortunately I smashed the front of it to bits. I'd keep it even though its close to barney the dinosaur in colour. As mentioned above its a lovely looking shell. I had a wing with my one but it ended up being mounted at the wrong angle because of there isn't really a flat area at the back of the car to mount it to iirc so it created lift instead of grip lol. Just leave it without a wing.

i have dabbled with the idea of repainting it but am scarerd of tarnishing the plastic.  i was thinking of silver or black, and i tend to agree about the wing, even though i've not seen it with a wing on i think it looks better without