• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Be Careful

snoopystorm

some nice footage there what a lovely place that area looks, plus no titties or boobs in sight.

she is one crazy chick you do not want to meet in a club \ bar !, so thank god I am 40 & not in to clubs \ bars anymore.... well only if I am with my better half :).

just hope the lad sues her ass for the cost of his top & if she cut his month I hope he got checked out for some nasty bugs.....

as far as I could tell he was not in the wrong or doing anything bad just someone with a heli thingy having fun flying about taking some cracking video's of the landscape.

An individual with issues, who, fortunately, will get her just desserts. Regardless of what occurred, hitting a woman is just not right, kudos to the lad for not physically retaliating and having the sense to record the incident.

As for a place to sit and chill, simply beautiful :)

• Like 1

An individual with issues, who, fortunately, will get her just desserts. Regardless of what occurred, hitting a woman is just not right, kudos to the lad for not physically retaliating and having the sense to record the incident.

As for a place to sit and chill, simply beautiful :)

In that situation I'd have been in two minds about an "open palmed slap", she'd lost all measure of reason and self control and was hell bent on inflicting physical injury, as much of it as she could. A one-off cuff round the cheek might have made her come to her senses (though I doubt that, she'd lost it big time!), without harming his case against her too much.

Yeah, kudos for not lashing out at her, but I wouldn't of blamed him if he had slapped her. Ask yourself this, if you're on your own with no-one coming to your aid, how much physical abuse would you take from anyone, male or female? There are lines drawn, she set the goalposts, she was the one who turned violent, he was calm and, above all, polite.

Manners cost nothing? Cost him his shirt and possibly a mouth infection from her nails.

I'd like to know the outcome of this, Fo sho!

Yeah, we'll ignore the locals beating each other senseless and just get our toys out! ;)

ROFL!

Meh, leave em to it  :whistling:

As would the ass of the perpetrator in the local prison...

A bloke, I'd hit back, a woman, nah, I'm big enough to deal with it, and fat enough to sit on 'em whilst I phone for assistance ;)

PIES FTW!!!

• Like 1

Possibly he was taking the path of least resistance,ie, being acutely aware of how a flawed legal system could see him condemned for striking a woman, self defense or not.

I'm not saying her actions were right, we live in a world where the man will be blamed first, regardless of actual events; I have been attacked by a rather angry lady in the past; the feeling of wanting to strike out was strong, I managed to not do so, for which I am thankful.

A big grey area, until all facts become known. I wonder if she would have turned aggressively on someone of bigger stature??

Andrea Mears, 24, was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace after an investigation into the May 12 encounter. The report ends by saying she is due back in court on June 19th

Full article can be found at http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/06/10/conn-woman-charged-with-assaulting-teen-using-drone-at-beach/

Edited by snoopystorm

"She told television reporters that Haughwout struck her first and edited that out of the Internet video, which was recorded on his cellphone."

yeeeeeeeeaaa

no love you cray cray

While I certainly don't condone her actions (I would have 'resisted & restrained' long before she got a second hit in), that footage created multiple debates on various forums about whether or not he should have been flying there or not. Initially I didn't see anything wrong but people are (semi) correct pointing out that he shouldn't have been over flying houses, cars or people. While the chance of failure is slim if everything fully checked, no failsafe would stop that from dropping out of the sky onto someone or some thing. It's also not silent, would you want that buzzing up and down above you when trying to enjoy quiet access to a secluded beach? Big debate about whether he should have been flying there (National Park) but rules do state, not closer than 50m to property or people, he was closer. Thankfully he had it all on video, otherwise the story in the paper would have been "Perv with drone harasses woman" - it's easier just to stay away from people.

Again though, none of that excuses in any way what she did and she deserves all she gets for the assault and the lies to get the kid done. 

As an aside, I was reading a law forum last night and one of the stories was about a UK guys who's wife liked to practice naturism. Their neighbour had a multi-rotor which he had hovering over their gardens. It turns out that technically that's not illegal (something about trespass only under (Xm) altitude). Possible voyeurism charges but other than that, CAA would need to prosecute and that won't happen. I foresee many more problems from the increased access to quads etc, as Tamiya states, unless people are playing fair and safe, it's going to lead to some stricter controls very soon.

That's some interesting reading, but I really don't think, having viewed the flight footage, that he was low enough to have caused any noise pollution. I've been around helis and quads enough times to know that their sound is virtually silent at the altitude he was flying at. Also, the camera on the quad had no zoom function, so the people on the beach were mere specs, certainly not what I'd class as an "invasion of privacy"! Besides, if you go onto a public beach, you've pretty much waived your right to any privacy as it's public property with other people present at the same time as you. Even if the beach were "secluded", unless it's privately owned, you're fair game! Remember the pictures of Kate Middleton? OK, that was on a boat, but if you strip off, someone will snap ya!

As for flying where there are other people around, Meh, the risk of it falling from the sky is there, but it's fairly low risk.

We don't know this guy, we don't know if he does fly around his neighbourhood trying to film people in their gardens sunbathing, but that's not up for debate, on this occasion he did nothing wrong in my book.

Burn her, for she's a witch! ;)

He did nothing wrong, what he gets up at other times be it fly a quadcopter into someones bedroom whilst love making is happening, that is an entirely different story.

the girl quite simply has watched far too much oprah, far too much woman empowerment bullshizzle, and is obviously so self concious and on some kind of high quality that she must believe at all times someone is filming her. 

dem bath salts

Sadly, I do recall those very disappointing pics of Ms Middleton :(

Certainly an issue that will provoke much debate, as the popularity of quads and cameras continues to increase...

In my oppinion we have enough cameras watching us, never mind the ever growing quadcopter/camera fad. If I walked down the street filming strangers for no apparent reason would that be ok?

I don't think the issue is the footage he got but the footage he could have got, we know people will use these kind of quads in ways they shouldn't and some will use them innocently. The fact of the matter is that the average person would no nothing other than there's a flying thing, with a camera, near them. With that said yes, she did go over the top and yes, she should not have attacked him BUT we have the footage and the attack and no nothing of what was done/said before the incident.

My 2p

Sent from my HTC one using my thumbs