• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5b by RJJ

RJJ

I completely agree! I really want one of the turbine centre diff's for my 5ive but they don't make them now and as you said I really really am kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it.

Oh it was yours? Well then yeah I suppose it would be hard for you to miss it :D 

I completely agree! I really want one of the turbine centre diff's for my 5ive but they don't make them now and as you said I really really am kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it.

Oh it was yours? Well then yeah I suppose it would be hard for you to miss it :D

Well if I ever sell one, will shoot you a pm. Thought you noticed the number plate on the GTR, as it has my initials same as my forum tags.

Yeah seen those, brilliant as they are.....I just love the look of the turbine and with you owning one you will of course understand :) I honestly didn't noticed, if I looked too long then I would never had played with the 5ive that day. I have owned a R33 GTR for a little, brilliant cars :)

In regards to running, do you have any large scales you actually play with when you go to places like bashfest?

In regards to running, do you have any large scales you actually play with when you go to places like bashfest?

Of course matey :)

Not sure why not many people have seen me running the oval and racing at bashfest. Actually Noj, has seen my other losi in action and can chime in.

Last bashfest in May I managed to seize the engine in my fg, a nice dpr long rod, even my friend scotty from mmr modeltech said no way, needs him to strip it and rebuild. The bashfest before in August I came away after qualifying 2nd and leading the main final when my fr right cvd gave up again. Also after the event while out with a friend noticed my rear carbon tower had snapped. Also did the qualifying session at freeprawn super cup qualified 3rd in my heat behind Suggs and Nige, confess to not even setting it up right for that event so I was chuffed with 3rd. Could not make the sunday race day, remember it was a wet, muddy weekend.

Few pics for the non believers lol.

image_zpsc62054d3.jpg

image_zpsff570cc9.jpg

image_zps3a5f8a61.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Some more progress :)

I came to a halt as my phatdad engine braces would not fit. I just could not figure out why.

I called a friend who came round and diagnosed its because of the reed case. I trimmed the small front brace and rear part of fan cover brace and it all fitted nicely. 

I added a spacer on the clutch side. Also with this I swapped out the turtle v2 for a dark soul vented one done in black. Just to add better clutch cooling and there no sand dunes here.

imagejpg1_zps5080da5b.jpg

imagejpg2_zps508b00c8.jpg

imagejpg3_zps0e17f6aa.jpg

Spacer is blue as well

imagejpg4_zps72c87533.jpg

I am a bit partial to lights on a rig and spent a fair bit of time as usual on how to sort this one out.

Custom made spacers to lift the mounts so the light pods just clear the igloo front bumper.

IMG_1666_zps15cd9e45.jpg

And all mounted up :)

imagejpg2_zps74e56e02.jpg

And finally last post tonight, I feel the final stretch is in sight.

Pipe is still to be mounted properly in pics and I have sorted the roll cage, fullkill linkage is on route, body shells are in for paint.

Just had to see it outside, may turn out ok :)

imagejpg10_zpsf4cc6fa3.jpg

imagejpg4_zps7add9787.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsc0a7cc84.jpg

imagejpg9_zps5fb64638.jpg

imagejpg6_zpscd6407e8.jpg

imagejpg7_zps016cb5b0.jpg
  • Like 1

Thx for the kind words fellas, and also to everybody who has kindly posted, appreciate the comments.

Just a random pic for the thread, the engine really turned out beautiful.

imagejpg12_zps7877ee77.jpg

Edited by RJJ

just gets better Rav  :thumbsup:

I can confirm having watched you race, and you play hard on the track, VERY hard! I think folk expect to see some highly blinged up rig being piloted, when the stealth, sleeper route is what your track rigs follow....

Keep 'em guessin'  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

just gets better Rav  :thumbsup:

I can confirm having watched you race, and you play hard on the track, VERY hard! I think folk expect to see some highly blinged up rig being piloted, when the stealth, sleeper route is what your track rigs follow....

Keep 'em guessin'  :thumbsup:

Cheers Noj, like all good plans matey that has spectacularly failed lol.

All the 5th scales I have been wrenched on now, that sleeper losi ahhh buddy the memories, make sure you come in a few weeks or defo next year, you will not recognise that losi.

• Like 1

I had a set of 5b rears on desperado wheels with mini mx from my savage flux, so i made these a set and some mx nightmares. Hostile zero growth in rear and the grey ones in front.

Btw I can't find UNC 6 - 32 nyloc nuts and washers in black. If anybody knows where I can find that size in black would be grateful :) if not anywhere that does silver. Its the screw for the beadlock to do nut and bolt, its a unc 6 -32 3/4" managed to get those in black.

I always use Silverback RC, Neils service is excellent.

IMG_1685_zps81d10da8.jpg

The roof, always always loved these, and its the carbon one. I trimmed a fair bit for the H bomb and at the front so the windows open. Mines more curvier lol. Was a bit mtfu pill though as I can't get another one, but it all worked out :)

IMG_1683_zpsaa216648.jpg

Still needs bits tidying up, but.........................., Its on its wheels at last.

imagejpg1_zpsacfe5f22.jpg

Wow it's looking great!

Where'd you get the carbon roof thingy?

I got very lucky and purchased one of the very last from ultimate RC last year. Swiss iow made my blue carbon guards for my losi and I never have been able to get hold of him again nor has ultimate RC, shame his work was really nice.

Only way now is when one comes up for sale really.

Looks brilliant dude, I love the beadlocks! I am still sad about the overkill front arms :( but oh well lol

Out of interest if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your anodising done and roughly how much does it cost a piece? I want to start my Losi soon and would like to have contact with someone I can trust and obviously does good work.

• Like 1