• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dialling out oversteer on my RC10

Got my RC10 running and it's a beast!

I've trimmed the throttle curve and reduced the steering lock to 80% with some exponential on.

However, it's very tail happy on lower grip surfaces.

How can I dial out over-steer and make it more stable ? 

Dropping the nose seems to have helped, I'm waiting on a shock rebuild kit as the front damping seems very stiff I'm going to soften up the front (it's on green springs too - back silver) 

tips please! 

As above. Specifically for an RC10 blue front springs, green or silver rears (depends) 35wt Front, 30/25 rear.

Weight also helps - my B4 used to have some 60g of lead weights added around the base of the rear bulkhead to shift the weight balance to the right place. This is something people often get wrong as they assume racing cars need to be light. Actually the best B4's used to run big brass bulkheads to weigh the car down for more grip.

Your test surface won't help BTW. Yes its just as low grip, but the way the car breaks traction will be totally different.

As above. Specifically for an RC10 blue front springs, green or silver rears (depends) 35wt Front, 30/25 rear.

Weight also helps - my B4 used to have some 60g of lead weights added around the base of the rear bulkhead to shift the weight balance to the right place. This is something people often get wrong as they assume racing cars need to be light. Actually the best B4's used to run big brass bulkheads to weigh the car down for more grip.

Your test surface won't help BTW. Yes its just as low grip, but the way the car breaks traction will be totally different.

On my b4 I had a massive bit of lead (100g+) over the servo that was taped down with electrical tap. It didn't look good but worked very well.

I used about one hundred grams of lead, stuck where I could.

Thanks useful posts, I've started changing the springing over and will go with the damping recommendations when I get my shock rebuilding kit.

I've ordered some lead weights and double sided tape, and 4 scales so I can balance the car left to right and front to back the way i want. Also the battery is a shorty and I've put it to the front of the battery compartment. 

Any of you guys run a rear anti roll bar ? 

What TOE IN/OUT and camber do you guy run on the front for low grip surfaces ? 

Edited by DoppleBanger