• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's TLR 8ight 2.0 Maybe EU, maybe not? LOL.

Yep there is a bit... It occured to me I can't remember ever running a metal spur and pinion, wasn't sure about heat so wanted to double check with someone who has.

About to give her a run on 4s just up and down the street, hopefully taking her out tomorrow for a bash.

See how tough these little Losi's really are lol.

Gave her an actual beating, several things to report.

The wings don't last long if you like to jump :lol:

Nothing broken aside from a snapped wing.

Motor temp was fine, easily touchable, didn't record an actual temp, I'd say sub 120F... ESC in the same sort of range so I'm happy.

LiPos weren't warm, neither where the Deans plugs, so again, happy about that... Seems a reliable set-up at least.

I have one small issue, nothing major, but if I steer left then just let the servo centre up, it still wants to go left slightly, same thing for right, I've checked the bell cranks and steering assembly, all seems fine, anyone got any ideas of things to check?

i have had mine a while now and not even took it out yet, problem after another :(

been waiting on engine and then when i do get one, it doesnt fit. so waiting on rtr engine mount now.

I think it's more the power than the time, but it doesn't look too healthy inside, I've turned three of the gears around, maybe they're slipping a bit, going to try it again.

Unfortunately I'm skint until some wheels and tyres sell, or better yet, the SC10.

So will just have to shelf it for a little bit, it's just about undrivable now, provided this gear switching hasn't worked.

Just tested it again and doing the same thing, obviously just a tired servo from being hammered.

Will have to shelf the 8ight for a little while, the SC10's for sale and the other is due to arrive until about Tuesday or Wednesday, nothing to play with for a few days :( going to be a bloody boring weekend! :lol:

After trying a few more tricks, the servo still won't centre, as I'm now sat bored, the Dremel was looking at me, figured I'd make a start on this horrible chassis.

I got some caustic soda today, gave it a 20 minute soak and it didn't do anything at all LOL.

So the Dremel it is! :) slow progress but gives me something to do.

IMG_3900_zpsdabfb7dd.jpg

Wouldn't paint-thinner or white-spirit clean it off?

If you're absolutely determined then pop it in a large dish and heat it in a solvent for an hour - make sure the area is properly ventilated.

Wouldn't paint-thinner or white-spirit clean it off?

If you're absolutely determined then pop it in a large dish and heat it in a solvent for an hour - make sure the area is properly ventilated.

I'm not too fussed now.. I already tried white spirit, it didn't do a whole lot to be honest.

But I have two more on the way in a big spares bundle, so just going to sticker bomb the bottom of the new one for protection and chuck everything from this onto it.

Gave it all a good clean today so it'll look like new.

I had a chassis that was painted pink :xd:, I left the paint striper on it for around an hour then with a wire brush it just fell of. At the end I  got around 95% off then just brushed the chassis so it was like brushed ail.