• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc clubs

liamb2387

Maybe a silly questions but what do you actually do at a rc club? Just race? Or is it for practising? Do you enter competitions as a club?

Also, are there any in the west Yorkshire area? I know there's one in lofthouse (or near by) are there anymore?

Should you join one as a beginner or wait until your more competent?

So many questions

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

they race,if you want to race join a club soon as you can,you get advice on set up ect,hopefully cheap cars and parts and meet people who are into the hobby, have a look on the BRCA website and your find the clubs near you and what kind of cars they race.

Well all clubs race but some offer pratice days as well. Some are open for members everyday to use. Each club is different. I started racing as a beginner and have never really bashed as such. There will be a Huge ability range at each club and you'll be put in a heat where the other racers are at the same level as you.

Some times you get inter club races but really you race just for yourself.

There are loads of clubs across the country. Oople forum has a great list of clubs that race tenth scale while max bashing has the same for 1/8.

Everybody should try racing.

Can't do this Sunday. Me and my brother in law were thinking about coming down one day soon if we could find a local club. Just to watch at first to see what goes on. Please keep me up to date with events and we will deffo come when we can. Is mmrx the one near lofthouse?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You can follow MMRX on Facebook. They sometimes have practice days on Thursdays I think if the weather permits. You can turn up with your vehicle on those days and you can message the guys on there who can advise you on any questions that you have.

For racing the best place is oople, not as friendly as Modelsport forum but for racing I think it's better.

That depends. Smaller scale like 1/10 racing then oople is the forum to go to.

For 1/8 scale racing then Maxbashing is the best place.

One thing Liamb2387 should bear in mind is that he has, I believe (based on his other thread), a Hyper .28, which is not "legal". Normally, .21 is the max for an1/8th buggy, so he would need to check whether or not any club would "stretch a point" and let him run.

long term you would need a 21,but just email the chairman,i am sure there let you have a few races,before they insist on a 21,and club give you 3 meeting without have a brca license,usually there  let you race with what you got for those 3.a 28 aint got the revs and eats to much nitro to give you an advantage,unless the track very very techincal