• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi mini 8ight T

mydoddy69

How's it done :) , looks far better sized for the job than the stock motor. There's been alot of talk about the diffs needing shims but glad you posted pics of the problem

Si

O ye just looked at the photo properly and I see the shims, any other shims needed to raise the rear diff or did it all line up ok with just the mount lifted

Si

First up I'd like to apologise to poor old Noj, I was going to moan about the silly amount of thread lock on the motor mount screws but thought best not as I didn't fancy that roasting !!! ;)

The motor mount has 3 washers under it all I did was take the burrs of them from being pressed out final thickness came in at 0.4mm each which is just enough to give the motor clearance and still keep the shaft lined up ! .

Cost so far I'm in it a touch under a new rtr that's not including the lipos thou as they aren't in a rtr all postage upto the lipos was free .. I do intend to stick the motor esc and stock battery and charger up for sale so that will or hopefully will cover my lipos !..

Shims for the diffs came out my box so I only got the size but there easy to find just search the size on eBay 10x8x0.2 mm

I maybe confused here, but with people saying how much did it come to compared to the RTR... Did you buy this second hand or something Rich?

I'm a bit tired and haven't read the whole thread, my bad if it's already been said.

And on a note of the truggy itself, if those washers do the job to raise the motor mount and whatnot, then that's a very very tempting purchase.

On top of my 5SC, Sawback and Wraith!! :lol: :lol:

Any idea if that mod you have done will work on the mini buggy?

Any idea if that mod you have done will work on the mini buggy?

It sounds real easy but it did take a lot of measuring and fitting and refitting but I don't see why not !

I'm only exploding the tollerences from mas production parts and if you needed to raise say the front and rear diff casings a card or plastic homemade gasket would be enough thickness so your still be able to use the mounting slots ..

It's a super cheap mod to try 3 washers bit of wet and dry paper and maybe some card should come in under a

It sounds real easy but it did take a lot of measuring and fitting and refitting but I don't see why not !

I'm only exploding the tollerences from mas production parts and if you needed to raise say the front and rear diff casings a card or plastic homemade gasket would be enough thickness so your still be able to use the mounting slots ..

It's a super cheap mod to try 3 washers bit of wet and dry paper and maybe some card should come in under a

Link without radio gear go on product options and there is a drop down tab to choose

http://www.rcpitstop.co.uk/losi-114-4wd-mini-8ight-t-rtr-eu-version-los01000uk-4963-p.asp

Edited by silone74

So as promised some better pics of the final layout 

DSC02368_zpsd54e8def.jpg

DSC02369_zpsc4b35bfe.jpg

Gearing at the minute is 15/62 but thats got to be looked at as the motor is super cool on a 2s more than likely going to drop the spur to a 58 as its that cool maybe up the pinion to a 16 but will see how i go 

Only ran a couple of packs in but nothing is binding up and no chewing up of the gears so far so all looks good on the washer mod but time will tell as its only early days  :thumbsup:

Handles very well but the rear springs may need upping to some harder ones now, but for now at least ill just give it a tad more preload and see how i go..

Servo well that is like any losi servo hit and miss on going central so ill have a hunt round see what i can find but fir now while im testing it out ill just deal with what i got ..

All in all pretty chuffed with how it came out and how it handles :thumbsup:  

• Like 3

Thanks fella Just come in from another couple of packs runs like a dream except this crappy servo !!!..

This gearing is the next thing to sort as its silly cool wish id have whacked in a sc8 now i could have run 4s !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Just having a little nose about and i found this now i know its a little long but if i redrill the mounts i got the room to fit it ..

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-low-profile-servo-bb-mg-high-speed-/rc-car-products/359810

Now i know its a little over kill and a tad heavier but for

Mate why not go same way as the mini 8ight servo upgrade :)

Hitec-225mg? It's only a problem with the spekky radio as the servo works perfect in my EMB just the EMB has no room for it so as I d t use the spekky radio ACR or what ever its called I may swap the radio out for the EMB one so I can upgrade the servo :)

Oh and could you link me to some shims mate can't find any anywhere :(

Mate why not go same way as the mini 8ight servo upgrade :)

Hitec-225mg? It's only a problem with the spekky radio as the servo works perfect in my EMB just the EMB has no room for it so as I d t use the spekky radio ACR or what ever its called I may swap the radio out for the EMB one so I can upgrade the servo :)Oh and could you link me to some shims mate can't find any anywhere :(

Hobbyking dsm2 micro servo?

yeah i'll have a hunt for ya 

trouble is with the 225 i use a spekky radio for all my rides   :shockingscary:

Don't think it's Spekky radio in general as it was fine when I had my mini 8ight and upgraded.

Personally I think it's the one in the 8ight-T and I reckon it's because of the ACR

Hobbyking dsm2 micro servo?

No it's one in the 8ight-T :(

Think its the new ACR thing in it that messes with the servo

Don't think it's Spekky radio in general as it was fine when I had my mini 8ight and upgraded.

Personally I think it's the one in the 8ight-T and I reckon it's because of the ACR

No it's one in the 8ight-T :(

Think its the new ACR thing in it that messes with the servo

I meant to say receiver, its been a long day!