• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

warning / stolen

theLEGENDofBURT

20140316_131623_zpsreazf4te.jpg

I sold this on ebay 2months ago a case was opened and went in buyers favor due to being on holiday. Anyway I was waiting 2 weeks for return by then ebay automatically refunded and finally today after a month I got my buggy back.

Or so I thought. Opened up parcel to my amazement no buggy just 2 beaten up old broken txs.

Ebay are now perusing matters buyer is unresponsive and is being looked into for theft and fraud now.

Some details about buyers

Ebay name purplejenny

Jenny hall and mark mccormick

Address in rugby

If you come across this or have recently bought this please get in contact as it is now a stolen item and police are aware

Just thought id let people now so they dont do it to you

You must be raging :( you'd probably love to go and pay a visit to their door!

Knowing the address the package was sent to, I would have sent someone to "have a word" with them long before now!

I had the same problem a few months ago with a pulse 4.6. The guy wanted 20 for a diff even though it was working fine when I sold it. Next time ask for pics to prove the fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem a few months ago with a pulse 4.6. The guy wanted 20 for a diff even though it was working fine when I sold it. Next time ask for pics to prove the fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think I wouldve got any pics as they didnt reply to the most simplest of question

had loads of issues with ebay.  and all i can say is be very nice in all emails.  and add as much info as you can.   did the parcel have the weight printed on the shipping label.   as the original parcel should of weighted more.

Sorry to hear of your troubles I have never had a problem selling on ebay but anything rc I sell I take a video showing everything working not that is foul proof if the buyer is total scum

• Like 2

Ebay is full of **** heads, proper cheeky **** heads, id be on my way to said house you posted the buggy to, even if the fuel costs were more than id lost out on, its principle isnt it ? Ive had a few try it on with sales ive made in the past, i try avoid ebay now as does alot of people, the cheek of some people though is hard to believe.

last sale i made on ebay was a tamiya hilux, complete with mfu and futaba 4wd, the full set up in box art colours, the truck was newly built and had sat on a shelf with my other trucks basicly a pampered shelf queen, guy bought it and tried claiming for all kinds claiming the gearbox was wrecked, i told the buyer and ebay i had video proof dated and photos to prove there was nothing wrong with the truck,i asked the buyer to prove with pics and if he could provide proof then i will refund for the parts damaged, guess what no pics were sent and i won the case :-) i always take loads of detailed photos now and a running video of what im selling.

its crazy going to these lenghts just to sell stuff but you have to cover your back as much as poss, i hope you get this sorted though pal and the guy gets what he deserves, preferbly a broken jaw :-)

• Like 3

I would send him a message saying your going to take legal action before actually doing it. In the hope it shakes him enough to pay up or return the item, cos the police will probably just book him and youll still be out of pocket so hopefully him knowing hell be arrested would make him fix up.

With all the money ebay/paypal make its about time they spent some money on stopping all the scams instead of aiding them.

• Like 1

I would send him a message saying your going to take legal action before actually doing it. In the hope it shakes him enough to pay up or return the item, cos the police will probably just book him and youll still be out of pocket so hopefully him knowing hell be arrested would make him fix up.

With all the money ebay/paypal make its about time they spent some money on stopping all the scams instead of aiding them.

I have left voicemail telling him this but just ignores it even blocked my numbers so have to ring private number

Mate, a few years ago now a mate had the windscreen damaged on his car by someone he knew. He wen to the police and they basically said to him as he knew who did it to take revenge, but as far as he was concerned the conversation never happened. You see what i mean?

Take it into your own habds bud