• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3s 11.1v 1300mah lipo

Hello all.

I've searched here and Google with no results. I've just purchased a supercub with a 480 brushed motor and this battery.

I'm guessing it has 3 cells that can go to a minimum of 3v each, so 9v. This would mean I can use 2.1v of battery power?

I've read a few guides but haven't really been able to get my head around it.

Basically I'm wondering how long my cub can be flown without damaging the battery, I am thinking around 10 minutes full throttle would be about right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

i would say grab a cheap Lipo low voltage alarm.

they are a small device you plug into the battery and it can be set to warn of low voltage.

these are a key thing we pilots like to have around/ inside craft ( very handy).

we are also know as pilots to stopwatch our flight times having a stopwatch count down for us.

yes your correct maybe a little less than 10mins at max throttle. But at this rate

the craft would be moving out of sight quick. things can become somewhat invisable

when flying. 

Super cubs are nice and stable, they fly best a low to mid throttle setting and have a floaty like

flying style ( full size cubs are known to be used as bush planes, short takeoff and landings in the bush/mountains

and colder climes ) a newcomer will find these types of craft more easy to fly being stable.

in time a new pilot will learn throttle is more a set and leave, unlike cars your always adjusting speed.

flying is more throttle at a low'ish pace and enjoy. no need to keep on and off the throttle, its adjusted when you need that little extra speed

or even shut down to minimum to conserve battery. 

so lets have a rough guess at flying time. 

being new you will want to be somewhat throttle heavy , and new to the open freedom that is the sky.

we will count for mistakes and some wind ( we always land INTO the wind and take off INTO the wind)

so 10 mins is a good time to start with lets take some leway for newcomers say couple mins

and any weather problems ( wind picks up so motor throttle has to be pushed higher) so now 8 mins

this is GOOD 8 mins on throttle. 
now a month later this same pilot could be getting 14 mins flight from the same battery, he has started to learn throttle

is a command not an all out war cry, and has also worked out he can push 20 mins if he uses the throttle and

the natural ability of the supercub to float along very slow under hardly no throttle. 

so for a first time pilot about 7-8 mins is good , a couple weeks/month time i would say 15 mins possible

and with more practice and no winds ( hot summer day ) 20 mins could be gained with careful though and 

use of control systems

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Hey!

Thanks for the reply, that was really fantastic, just what I was looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to write that!

he is good like that help me out a lot when I first got my wltoys quadcopter top guy