• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****(Hong nor / Jammin Owners Club)****

Had a couple of runs today with my new vp pro tyre's. They perform really well. However they still balloon enough to catch the body at speed. So as I am making a new body I might trim the whole width of the car down as I can easily loose nearly 2" either side without issues. And it will give loads more for the tyre's to flex without catching the body.

b521fbcd940842b0d079a9cc5e7aa85e.jpg

Hit 60mph comfortably today before the tyre's got in the way.

Edited by barnestah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to annoy guys, have just been landed with selling two Hong nor X2 truggys for a mate, both rollers, one complete the other needing the centre diff rebuilt, plus a new unpainted shell, could anyone give me an idea of how much they are worth so that i can stick them up on the sales section? only been used a few times on astro so barely marked, cheers

Bit of a clean up and dust of here. Got some shock rubbers.

f4392d7d0b7ca95384352a876e78fd16.jpg

And polycarbonate ready for new body. But need to wait a bit to get good conditions to mold as I need to bake dry it at home and get it into work with in the hour to reduce moisture intake in the poly.

Looking for the 70 mph mark now...

didn't know we had a thread.

few pics of my Hong Nor X2 Buggy, converted to brushless, bought form BEZ (site admin) as a roller after he was done using it as a speed car.

fitted a hobbywing 150a esc to it, motor is now a 1717 size 2200kv Sirius branded (was using a 1515 to begin with) and she gets run on 5s lipo

called her Krystal.

DSC08261.jpg

DSC08260.jpg

hongnorjump1.png

hongnorjump2.png

hongnorjump3.png

1920590_10152278762667273_62268967402807

• Like 1

didn't know we had a thread.

few pics of my Hong Nor X2 Buggy, converted to brushless, bought form BEZ (site admin) as a roller after he was done using it as a speed car.

fitted a hobbywing 150a esc to it, motor is now a 1717 size 2200kv Sirius branded (was using a 1515 to begin with) and she gets run on 5s lipo

called her Krystal.

1920590_10152278762667273_62268967402807

That looks scarily like a tourist photo where you've taken your buggy for a day out.........................

randomerinforntofphoto.jpg

:whistling:

Edited by Smoothybb

Hi all

thought i mite as well post a photo of my hong nor x1 crt, i dont know much about them, but i got this as a roller and did some work on it with some help from someone on this forum, am after a x1 shell if anyone has one for sale, ive just got hold of a hpi 5.9 engine and its turned into an animal lol BUT after doing some jumps, ive just snapped both front shock shafts lol. would like to know how fast this would go, but last time i strapped a phone on to a hpi savage i had, it went 37.5 mph into a wall and was bent like a banana lol, lost sign but i was using 27mhz gear lol

10417516_10152365201366553_5087065995366

Barnestah upon your request of top speeds I took the rc I my local car park smooth Tarmac no loose chipping as it's freshly laid.. Changed the spur to a 48 to achieve a top speed of 55mph.. I used an app on my phone tested against my 1:1 scale car and is accurate to a tee..

08092f11d0927ce67f34d2c133dc09de.jpg strapped the phone to the rc car with Velcro :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hi all. Thought I'd add my new to me Nexx8 racer. Far from standard and another bespoke build from Bez of this here parish.

gallery_35414_3710_468210.jpg
Edited by Mitrab36