• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Air Filter Rubbing on Spur - Revo - Picco .26 MAX

samp97

As you can see the carb neck is rather close to the spur gear and as you can imagine the spur gear rubs horribly on the air filter pipe and before it goes through and spits powdered rubber into the carb opening i need to fix it, i heard there is a specific air filter for the revo but there are two that look identical.. wow this is so close to being finished there just keeps being problems *sigh*

PS
Links to filter :- if it helps the chassis is the 2.5 chassis 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-air-filter-body-high-volume-fltr-sup-cap-foam/rc-car-products/32307

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-air-filter-body-filter-support-cap-foam-filter/rc-car-products/32412

• Like 1

I can not give you a specific part that will work...although I can see your worry...

There are many different carb. necks available....and you could always fashion something to hold the appropriate neck away from the gear?...

Thanks guys, ordered the revo 3.3 filter set, the one with the weird bend in it haha, i have also ordered a new exhaust coupler and fuel tank seals as it is leaking air! come across yet another problem, one way bearing is missing a roller and thats why i think it is getting stuck, i will get it fixed, i will!

• 1 year later...

I use a motor saver air filter, and if I remember correctly you can twist the 3.3 high flow filter to help with clearance.

Also worth a try is to see if your chassis is bending.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk