• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What 2 stroke oil for my Baja 5b?

TimS

Hi all,

I appreciate that I'm walking down a well trodden path, but wonder if you could give me some advice please.

When I first bought my Baja, I used HPI's 'one shot' 2 stroke oil to mix with my unleaded fuel (using the recommended 25:1 ratio) with absolutely no problems. I then ran out and have just finished my second 100ml bottle of Losi 2 stroke oil, again with no problems.

These work out to be expensive, so I was looking at an alternative. I'm not sure whether the HPI/Losi oils are mineral, semi synthetic or synthetic, but would like to run something similar to what I've been putting through the engine already. I've just been to Halfords and they do the Castrol Power 1 2T, which, I believe, is a semi synthetic oil, but thought I'd check here first, before parting with my hard earned!

Thanks guys.

Regards,

Tim.

If you are running on a stock engine, then stick with your basic wilko oil mate.

At the end of the day, these are strimmer enginges and can take a good pounding. They are not GP bikes that depend specific ratios (I used to ride 2 strokes :) )

• Like 1

I'd buy a good fully synthetic oil if I were you

Strimmers don't run at the same revs as the engines we use, same as with moped/bike

Where as our engines in 5th scale can rev upto and above 20,000rpm so yeah a good oil

If you value and want to look after your engine.

Cheap oil if you think there disposable engines lol

Edited by marder
  • Like 1