• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fg marder ball drives

scoony191

After purchasing a set and fitting them today,I took the car for a test drive and it seems that the drive is like engaging then disengaging during its drive have I done something wrong or are they the wrong size how can I tell and what can I do to sort it any help thanks

Checked all sockets they are the same size as my old dog bones, do these ball drives need to be butt up hard or just to where they need to be there is no zip ties around the rubber boots do they need them as they slide in and out and that's what is causing the hit and miss when in drive

The drive shafts should not have enough sideways movement to disengage the drive so it would seem as if the ones you bought are too short. There are supposed to be conical springs in the drive cups to keep the shafts central, do you have these in place. The rubber boots do not necessarily need to have tie clips as they rarely move.

Sent from my HTC One max

• Like 1

When its sat on the ground - normal position - all off - how much play is there?

Try lifting the arms up and down and see if there is still play.

Point is, they should never appear too tight. I aim for 2 - 3 mm play, so the ball drive is tight in, but definitely never jamming.

Al.