• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP :( really struggling to start my nitro car & buggy

gary.mck

I've not had them started for about a year or so now, i'm really struggling to get them started.

any tips on what i can do to reset everything back the beginning?

they're both pull starts, i've primed both the engines by pulling the pull start a bit 2-3 times before attaching the glowstart.

they're both driving me crazy.  

21873d1065599960-kyosho-mantis-gp-chassi

above is exactly what my kyosho porsche looks like.

Edited by gary.mck

Have you checked your glow plug to make sure its lighting up and that your glow start is working?

Take your fuel line out and prime the engine to make sure some fuel travels through the fuel pipes? This will confirm that the fuel pipe is not blocked.

Take your air filter off and make sure the throttle is not wide open? I believe it should be open about 1mm to start it. 

Edited by adam1942
  • Like 1

yeah i've taken the glow plug out and tested it and it burns like a good un

i noticed on the buggy that the fuel wasn't moving up the pipe for some reason when i was pressing the pump on the tank but i sucked on it (stupidly) and it came through fine.

the fuels going through on the car fine when i pump it.

i'll check the throttle isn't wide open.  which side is best to start the little screw thing a (near the air filter), forgotten what its called :)

Glow plug out, a bit of fuel down the plug hole, pull it over a few times, now upside down so fuel drains out, plug back in open throttle blow down pressure tube until fuel reaches engine. Then try and start  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

yeah tried the hairdryer before too.

last time i had it all set up perfectly, about 30 seconds with the hairdryer and then couple of pulls and it'd start.  since i've moved this needle thing around i just seem to have d*cked it up :(

good news :) the kyosho porsche is sorted.

bad news - the panther buggy doesn't seem to be sucking the fuel through the pipe to the engine when i pump it.  if i suck on the pipe then it comes through fine so there's no blockage, no matter what i try the fuel won't go through the pipe, it just sits around 1cm from the exit of the fuel tank.

any ideas guys?

Have you tried blowing through as Hyper Boy suggested earlier?

If that doesn't work, you either have a leak from the tank or the needle valve is blocked. Try opening it 2 or 3 more turns and then blowing through.

Nah sound more like a blockage or you could try the same as I said before screw needle in to stop then open 2.5 turns and try again. Or you could take the needle right out then blow thro` tube and then put needle back then do as above.

Edited by Ian w
  • Like 1

right, took the pipe off from exhaust and blew and it's still hardly moving, removed the pipe from the engine and blew through the pipe from the exhaust and i've now got nitro all over me :)

so the blockage seems to be in the engine part..?

i tried to take it out but it's just like it keeps turning, it doesn't come off like the kyosho needle does.

*EDIT*

ignore me, i managed to pick it out with my nail.  fuel comes out the needle hole.  

Edited by gary.mck