• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Building a ramp - 1/8 1/10 scale

guge999

We decided to build a ramp for the 8th and 10th scale buggies.

Its actually coming along much better than expected so thought I would start a build thread, as we are planning to eventually put a bit of a track together.

Would certainly welcome advice on materials etc, if anyone has done this before .

Posted Image

That's where we are currently at, were using old floorboard slats to cover it. Don't have any better photos as of now

Hoping it will hold together better than the old one that ended up in pieces after a rc8be tearing straight through it...

Posted Image

Consider using carpet so if anyone has any advice on that as well that would be good.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Carpet would maybe be suffice but would it catch on any of the bis on the cars? sometimes you do get bits of the chassis which become sharp due to scratches or chips whatever...the MDF or ply would also be quite hard wearling too.

Used to build one like this for skateboarding all the time. Just need a good sheet of plywood. Keep it simple. Screw a handle on the side to make it easier to move about :)

I made mine with a sheet of perspex for something different and a little lighter.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/image/20094-hang-time/

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/image/20089-jump-ramp/
  • Like 1