• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet Problem!

JamesBryan

my bullet always did this when using normal AA batts in the car lucky enough it never crashed but i remember once it running off stopping when i got near it pissing off again changed to a hump pack and never had the problem again

It could be ur servo the stock ones are no good I killed both stock servo's within half ahour after useing a hump pack, I would get high torque servo as the stock ones are no good and not powerful anuff especially for the steering

It could be ur servo the stock ones are no good I killed both stock servo's within half ahour after useing a hump pack, I would get high torque servo as the stock ones are no good and not powerful anuff especially for the steering

Well i guess that depends on each person and how they drive it.

I've tested it again with new AA's in the battery holder and it runs fine.

Had a volt meter on the new hump pack after 24 hours of charging and it reads 4.5v and the charger light doesn't light up any more, so i think it's faulty.

Got a replacement on the way.

Bought a HPI Bullet ST 3.0 last weekend from Modelsport.

Been running it in the past few days.

Took it to a big unused car park today and something weird has happened...

It took off full throttle into a kerb and smashed the front up.

It did this all on it's own with absolutely zero input from me.

I applied the brake and it did nothing, i then switched the radio off thinking the fail safe would kill the throttle and that didn't do anything either.

What has happened??

I had the same problem with mine mate I called hpi spoke to mic he sent me a new servo never had a problem since. I always deal direct with hpi now mics a great guy. I've had a set of new dog bones and wheels from him as well all free of charge all he wanted was a few pics. Excellent service Edited by Morpet

I've got a hump pack fitted as well now makes a world of difference when turning at speed. More power to the servos

hi

this happened to my hyper 7, was working ok with the throttle and brake, took it out onto the field and next minute full throttle with no input from me, still had steering but no throttle or brake, failsafe would not kick in.

it ened up to be a break in the servo wire from the throttle servo to the receiver,new servo and it works like a charm.

on mine it looked as though a screw had one of the wire and it had exposed the core...

would recomend double checking this, uprated servo is about